Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
Grant County 89 Campbell County 74
Game was at Grant County. Looks like Campbell County made 20 FT so it couldn't be that lopsided in fouls. Also, Grant County shot 54% according to KHSAA stats. Don't know what All In is applying with that statement. Wasn't there but this is a big win for the struggling Braves.
-
Grant County 2013/2014
You are obviously biased against the Grant County program. You went from being a big time supporter to a basher. I got to see Grant play at NKU and talked to media guys who saw them play at Holmes. They will be a factor in the 8th and I predict a 20 win season.
-
Grant County 2013/2014
Talked to coach Grammer this weekend. Said they have received an invitation to participate in the Kreul Classic in Florida over Christmas break. Looks like a very big deal for the kids and program.
-
Grant County 2013/2014
So you're saying the new coach is not good and they will only win because of Hicks? Sounds like you may be one of the few who liked him. Saw them this summer and they didn't have a full squad and looked to be very good. I think they just might surprise you! Good luck coach Grammer and the Braves.
-
Williamstown transfer to Grant Co.
I have had the chance to see Grant County at NKU and talk to coach Grammer. I think Carr would be a great fit in his system. They're playing faster than they did last year that I saw with Hicks. I think Grant would be a real threat to go to Rupp from the 8th with him. Shelby Valley can't say that.
-
Brandon Grammer named new head coach at Grant County
Got to see Grant County today. I saw you Redhawknation sitting in the stands. Any way you join your buddies staff?
-
Brandon Grammer named new head coach at Grant County
Read where Seneca had 4 transfers last year. How long until Grant County gets one? Maybe they were just a coincidence.
-
Georgetown College team camp
I wonder who will be missing from these teams due to it being an ACT testing day. I know I'll be proctoring until 12pm.
-
Grant County opening has been filled
Can you expound on this a little? I keep hearing the administration is the problem but no one wants to elaborate. What makes them hard to work with? I have been in education for 15 years and every coach at some point feels some pressure from administration.
-
Conner 2013/2014
I like this team a lot. hemmerich is lights out and they will have depth and almost every position. I think Hicks will do a fine job with this group. Here's a question though, is this Hick's farewell tour with the Cougars?
-
Highlands names Basketball Coach
Testerman is a very good coach and this is what I expected him to bring. Some energy and hopefulness back to the Bluebird program. I have been doing some research on Highlands and it wasn't that long ago that they 3-peated the 9th region.
-
Grant County opening has been filled
Good hire by Grant County. I saw his teams while he was the Freshmen Coach at Ryle and they played hard. I don't know what he's done since he left but I think it could be a great move by Grant County's administration. I guess we'll have to wait to hear why he left Louisville.
-
Grant County opening has been filled
Schools have been doing a great job keeping their process quiet. Ryle - McFarland, Holy Cross - Schrand, Walton Verona - Brannen, and now Grant County
-
Grant County opening has been filled
What's your gut telling you Clyde?
-
Grant County opening has been filled
What do you think is the best move by them? Hire proven coach, old assistant coach, young up and coming coach, etc? I don't know if they are a contender in the 8th honestly. There is a lot of talent still at Collins as well as in the Oldham County schools.
-
Grant County opening has been filled
Why do you think it will be interesting?
-
Grant County opening has been filled
Names on people they interviewed? We know Reinhardt was one but who were the others? Jones, Guffe, Simpson?
-
Grant County opening has been filled
1) Do we know who they're interviewing? 2) How can the Carr family not give the new coach a chance to sell his program to them before making a decision? I think it would be better to wait and see who gets the job before jumping the gun and leaving.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
I like David as a person, loved him as a player, but jury is still out on him as a coach. One thing to coach AAU and JV it's a whole new ball game at the Varsity level. you're the one making the big decisions and Ryle has some big holes. They have a good big but no outstanding guards. The loss of Mays is huge and will be felt early. I anticipate a 10-20 season if they keep last year's schedule, 15-15 if they go with a weaker schedule. Boone, Conner, and Cooper will all be better than Ryle next season and even in the foreseeable future as they all had tough JV/FR teams.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
Guarantee that McFarland will be the next head coach at Boone County. This is just a proving stop for him.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
Not a good way to start your relationship with the players. I do think though it would be best to sever the ties with the old regime. Don't want the "this is how we used to do it" being talked about in the locker room. David might be doing himself a favor by bringing in a "yes man" in Travis. I don't see Rasso putting up much criticism to David which might be good for a first year head coach. I don't think playing at the college level necessarily makes you more qualified to coach. Dustin Margrave would've made a great choice for a JV coach or assistant varsity coach.
-
David McFarland new coach at Ryle
I can't believe it. Ryle must really want to be the Ryle Rebels. They have one of their own great players, and a great teacher by the way, in Dustin Margrave teaching in the building but would rather have a Rebel be their head and JV coach.
-
Ryle head coach
Not sure what Walter is hearing but from teachers inside the building the administration has been very secretive about this process. I cannot imagine someone all of a sudden getting info when nothing has been available, not even the list of interviews.
-
Lafayette Job
They decided the candidates for interviews yesterday and will start interviews next week. I heard this straight from the A.D. This place is screaming for a young coach who wants to plant roots at Lafayette.
-
Lafayette/Male
It's not A.W. Hamilton. I don't know if he is going to get the job but he has been contacted about an interview.