Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County 2013/2014

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2013/2014 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from

Grant County? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any word on Carr yet? I think Grant will be solid regardless.

Not sure of the names but Grant has two guards that I was really impressed with when I saw them over the summer...#11 and #14 maybe? Both handled the majority of the ball handling.

Possibly Johnson and Cummings, Cummings is a nice scorer as well.

With a new coach and the teams best player likely not returning I would say Grant will be mediocre at best. They will when some games because of the improvements they made with Hicks as coach but I feel that improvement will soon decline.

 

Grant will need to get some scoring from players other than Hicks and Cummins. Both of these players don't need to settle for outside jumpers but attack the rim and mix it up. Saylor has to keep his head and not want to get in chest bumping matches, Adkins has to be a defender first and Grant will be alright. Good luck to the Braves PLAYERS!!!!

With a new coach and the teams best player likely not returning I would say Grant will be mediocre at best. They will when some games because of the improvements they made with Hicks as coach but I feel that improvement will soon decline.

 

Grant will need to get some scoring from players other than Hicks and Cummins. Both of these players don't need to settle for outside jumpers but attack the rim and mix it up. Saylor has to keep his head and not want to get in chest bumping matches, Adkins has to be a defender first and Grant will be alright. Good luck to the Braves PLAYERS!!!!

 

So you're saying the new coach is not good and they will only win because of Hicks? Sounds like you may be one of the few who liked him. Saw them this summer and they didn't have a full squad and looked to be very good. I think they just might surprise you! Good luck coach Grammer and the Braves.

I think Grant will be top 4 with Or without Carr. They have a nice squad.

Like him or not, Coach Hicks was a fantastic player development coach. Coach Grammer is probably a coach also. I am not familiar with him. Good luck to the Braves

Meant to say good coach

I think Grant will be top 4 with Or without Carr. They have a nice squad.

 

That's not what you said 2 months ago. What have you seen to change your mind?

I think Grant will be top 4 with Or without Carr. They have a nice squad.

 

Please clarify...top 4 where? with Tyler GC is top 5 or 6 in the 8th region. Without him, back to middle of the pack.

Has Tyler confirmed that he's not coming back?

 

There is a For Sale sign in the yard at his house, so all indications are.......

That's not what you said 2 months ago. What have you seen to change your mind?

 

I have heard good things about them this summer. Cummins can score, Johnson can handle. I have heard they have a big boy coming on strong. I like Collins as the leader in the 8th.

So you're saying the new coach is not good and they will only win because of Hicks? Sounds like you may be one of the few who liked him. Saw them this summer and they didn't have a full squad and looked to be very good. I think they just might surprise you! Good luck coach Grammer and the Braves.

 

I never said the new coach was "not good," but since you mentioned it... I will not be surprised if Grant does well, only if the new coach does as good a job as previous coaches. That will take a couple years to see. Time will tell!!!

 

I forgot to mention Austin Johnson. Very good p.g. thinking pass first and shoot second. Also the best on the ball defender Grant has, possibly the 8th region has pound for pound inch for inch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.