Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David McFarland new coach at Ryle

Featured Replies

Via twitter from Richard Skinner.

 

@nkyskinner: Two sources say David McFarland will be next boys' basketball coach at Ryle. He was asst at Dixie last couple of years. Former NKU player

  • Replies 74
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Sure thought they would have hired someone with some varsity experience. Pretty big step up for David. I like the kid but is he really ready for jump?

I'm puzzled with this hire.

Great, great hire for Ryle. Will do great things. Perfect. Congrats to David and his family. Knew it wouldn't be long before he got a head job.

WOW! I don't know about this hire. I really thought Ryle would go with an experienced head coach this time around. Good luck David.

Outstanding. I actually wrote a letter of recommendation for David. I've never met him but being around and seeing him up close made it obvious to me he is ready for the gig.

Outstanding. I actually wrote a letter of recommendation for David. I've never met him but being around and seeing him up close made it obvious to me he is ready for the gig.

 

I don't think I've ever heard of someone writing a LOR without actually KNOWing the person! lol

I don't think I've ever heard of someone writing a LOR without actually KNOWing the person! lol

 

 

Shows how impressive he is. I know a lot about him - great student at Boone and NKU. Strong leader. Strong coach. Great communicator. Knows the game.

 

What else do I need to know?

Ryle made a great hire. David is a great basketball mind and will be a breath of fresh air for the boys in Union. I am very happy for him and his family.

Might be wrong but I think this will be his stepping stone job for when McQueary leaves Boone.

Really happy for David. I think that he will do great there. I'd imagine he's going to have those Raiders playing some tough defense and smart basketball.

I remember his name from Boone playing days but I can't remember how long ago. What year did he graduate from Boone?

I remember his name from Boone playing days but I can't remember how long ago. What year did he graduate from Boone?

 

He graduated in 2005. He was the starting point guard in 04 when Boone lost to Cov Cath in the regional championship game. I think David played Varsity all four years at Boone if I remember correctly. He then went on to play at NKU.

David is a high quality young man with a high basketball IQ. The apple does not fall far from the coaching tree. Donnie is an outstanding man and David follows in those footsteps. Very good hire by Ryle. Congrats to David and best wishes always!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.