Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David McFarland new coach at Ryle

Featured Replies

Great hire for Ryle. I was on staff at Boone when David was a senior and loved his leadership and his ability to make people around him better. David played and coached in the Shining Star Sports program for years and became one of our top recruiters and head coaches. This young man is mature beyond his years and is one of the most loyal individuals you will ever meet. I am very proud of my boy D-Mac and wish him nothing but the best!

  • Replies 74
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great hire and great pedigree. Very positive hire from Ryle

Great hire for Ryle.

 

This was actually supposed to be made official yesterday but D-Mac couldn't get out to Ryle early enough to meet with the team since both Dixie and Ryle get out of school at 2:30. Team meeting today at 3 for David to meet with the team.

Outstanding. I actually wrote a letter of recommendation for David. I've never met him but being around and seeing him up close made it obvious to me he is ready for the gig.

 

You wrote a letter of recomendation for someone you never met? Is that what you said??

You wrote a letter of recomendation for someone you never met? Is that what you said??

 

Type of guy Clyde is. Great evaluator of coaching talent.

You wrote a letter of recomendation for someone you never met? Is that what you said??

 

Yes.

 

Is your surprise around being able to evaluate him without having met him or is it around actually writing a rec?

Shows how impressive he is. I know a lot about him - great student at Boone and NKU. Strong leader. Strong coach. Great communicator. Knows the game.

 

What else do I need to know?

 

 

I hope you signed it Clyde for creditbility. :thumb:

I think David McFarland will be an excellent coach at Ryle. I think he will get the most effort out of the guys in the program on the defensive end and will play fast offensively. It is great that Ryle took a chance on a JV coach that is well respected in the region. He has the basketball background with his father being a coach, playing in high school and at NKU and having coached JV and AAU for several years. I assume he will bring his brother along as assistant in some capacity.

 

Best of luck.

^ McFarland has an excellent pedigree. However, it has to be considered risky choosing an unproven, very young first time head coach. For a 6A school to take that risk, he must have really impressed the decision makers during the interview process.

^ McFarland has an excellent pedigree. However, it has to be considered risky choosing an unproven, very young first time head coach. For a 6A school to take that risk, he must have really impressed the decision makers during the interview process.

 

Those who know and have been around David will know exactly why the decision makers made the choice they did. I knew once they had set up for him to be interviewed, it would be very hard for them to walk away from David whether or not he has any varsity experience. As was said earlier, David is mature beyond his years and has a vast knowledge of the game and a great ability to relate to the players. Couldn't be happier for Dmac.

^ McFarland has an excellent pedigree. However, it has to be considered risky choosing an unproven, very young first time head coach. For a 6A school to take that risk, he must have really impressed the decision makers during the interview process.

 

IMO the size of the school is immaterial.

Type of guy Clyde is. Great evaluator of coaching talent.

 

I am happy for David, and wish him well, but to give the credit to Clyde is hilarious. If he fails, then can Clyde provide no further recommendations?

 

Who were the other finalists?

I am happy for David, and wish him well, but to give the credit to Clyde is hilarious. If he fails, then can Clyde provide no further recommendations?

 

Who were the other finalists?

 

I assumed Walter was being somewhat facetious.

 

Of course if Ryle knew how well I forecasted Steph Curry's NBA future a few years ago.....

 

In all seriousness, I've written LORs before. I've never once thought it was the deciding factor. It's just another voice weighing in.

 

I wrote one for Blevins at Highlands. Didn't work out for him.

Wrote one for Baioni a few years ago.

 

I fully believe in helping others in any way I can.

I assumed Walter was being somewhat facetious.

 

Of course if Ryle knew how well I forecasted Steph Curry's NBA future a few years ago.....

 

I saw that and am just busting your chops......think David is a great hire in a tough district.

I like the hire and wish him all the best!!! A couple comments:

 

* The AD better hope he got this right...

* David, trust me here, do not bring your brother into the picture. Nothing against him, just best for you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.