NKY Coaching Changes

I heard from our Northern counterparts that the Holy Cross coach interviewed for the Harrison job, and just wasn't sure if they were really looking to leave HC.

I'd be shocked if he leaves. He may interview to keep his name out there and to see if he gets any offers, but I doubt he would leave. It's my understanding that he's had at least one chance to leave for a local public school and turned it down. I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving if he chooses to do so. I just don't see it happening.

I'd be shocked if he leaves. He may interview to keep his name out there and to see if he gets any offers, but I doubt he would leave. It's my understanding that he's had at least one chance to leave for a local public school and turned it down. I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving if he chooses to do so. I just don't see it happening.

Maybe it was the HC girls coach. I just figured it was the boys coach.

I wouldn't be too shocked if Goetz leaves HC because he knows like a lot of people do that Holmes & CovCath own the 35th district. Teams like HC & Beechwood will come out of the district every once in a while like this year with Beechwood, but HC & Beechwood will not be consistent regional participants. I am sure Goetz wants to contend for possible championships and he is not going to do it at HC.

I wouldn't be too shocked if Goetz leaves HC because he knows like a lot of people do that Holmes & CovCath own the 35th district. Teams like HC & Beechwood will come out of the district every once in a while like this year with Beechwood, but HC & Beechwood will not be consistent regional participants. I am sure Goetz wants to contend for possible championships and he is not going to do it at HC.

If Goetz leaves, it has nothing to with this. People don't consider the financial sacrifice private school coaches make versus what their public school counterparts are paid. In Ohio, Goetz could literally double his salary. It has everything to do with that, and nothing to do with Holy Cross' place in the basketball hierachy.

If Goetz leaves, it has nothing to with this. People don't consider the financial sacrifice private school coaches make versus what their public school counterparts are paid. In Ohio, Goetz could literally double his salary. It has everything to do with that, and nothing to do with Holy Cross' place in the basketball hierachy.

Comments like this crack me up. Who becomes a Varsity coach for money? If that is the case, then they are in it for the wrong reasons. With fundraisers, summer camps, and so forth, the difference in money can be made up (and usually are!).

Comments like this crack me up. Who becomes a Varsity coach for money? If that is the case, then they are in it for the wrong reasons. With fundraisers, summer camps, and so forth, the difference in money can be made up (and usually are!).

Not true.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13