Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
CovCath 51 Cincinnati Oak Hills 33
Oak Hills is not a tough basketball team. And West Lakota is not a good team either. They lost to Hughes which is last in its Conference. It's good to see KY teams beat Ohio teams but Cov Cath should be playing Moeller and St. X to see how they really match up.
-
CovCath 59 Ryle 53
It was by far not the greatest strategy to not use Mailey. There is no way Grimes could guard him in the post.
-
CovCath 59 Ryle 53
Travis Rasso of Boone, Jeff Hudgens of Conner, Pete Mailey from Ryle, those names ring a bell?
-
CovCath 59 Ryle 53
The Raiders were never in the bonus and had to deal with as much contact as they gave. I know that the officials are biased to Cov. Cath. I've been around the 9th region a long time and I don't think I've ever seen a ref control Listerman like he should be. I make it no secret, I can't stand Cov. Cath and Listerman is the main reason why.
-
CovCath 59 Ryle 53
You are about as classy as the Coach Listerman. The officiating was horrible. The calls on Ryle may have been fouls, but Cov. Cath was fouling Ryle just as much. Listerman is able to run out on the floor, go to the scorers table, and curse at Refs with no consequences. Ryle was playing 5 on 8 tonight.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
He is a local guy who everyone envisions as a good coach. There was nothing he did against Ryle to impress me. He gave up on his kids and just yelled at them. There is nothing "great" about showing up 9th graders.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Scott's freshmen coach is horrible.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Who has Scott lost to?
-
CovCath vs. Ryle predictions
I didn't say it wasn't good, I just said they are not sharpshooters. Sharpshooters are guys like Sparks at Tates Creek and I guarantee he will hit 40% for the year.
-
CovCath vs. Ryle predictions
There is nothing wrong with hoping Cov. Cath loses. Anytime they lose, no matter to what team they're playing, I do a little jig. To call those to players "Sharpshooters" is a little misleading. Sharpshooters don't go under 40% like those two have done. They are good high school shooters and that's it.
-
CovCath vs. Ryle predictions
Cov. Cath has little to nothing off the bench. Stop the starters and it is a win! Ryle by 5
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Ryle beat Grant Co. by 20+. First time able to see the full game in person, came away impressed with the intensity of the players.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Ryle beat Dixie tonight, don't know the score just know it was a double digit win and could've been worse.
-
Top Student Sections??
I can't stand Cov. Cath fans! Just because they're loud and have chants does not make them the best in the state. They remind me of the Cameron Crazies only they're wannabes. I don't think it's right how close they can get to a player when he's taking the ball out by them, I don't like the chants directed at individual players. Being a good fan to me is rooting for your team not upstaging the opponent.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
They could use another point guard. The one they have now is good but he has to play a lot of minutes because they don't have anyone really consistent to give him a break.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
The parents in the stands said this was everyone from last year's middle school team.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Ryle beats Highlands 52 - 22. Tough spot for Highlands especially after Ryle lost to Boone Tuesday.
-
Boone 58 Ryle 47
While I agree that McFarland is more athletic, he scored 12 of his points from free throws. Don't tell me that Refs had no play in this game. Boone shot 30+ free throws to Ryles 14 or 16. Boone loses that game if the refs were consistent. Boone's freshmen are good, but Ryle's freshmen are better. Phantom calls in OT cost Ryle the game. This should motivate Ryle's whole program to become stronger and better in the coming weeks. I feel sorry for Grant County and whoever the Freshmen play next.
-
Walton Verona 58 Grant Co 55
How does a small school like Walton Verona beat a big school like Grant County? That is ridiculous!
-
Boone 58 Ryle 47
This was a much closer game than the 11 points Boone won by. The disparity in talent really isn't there with Boone having better guards but Ryle having much better inside players. I'm not one to place much emphasis on the officiating, but Boone attempted more free throws than I remember seeing in a 9th region game. Ryle JV won by around 10, Boone Freshmen knocked off Ryle Freshmen in OT, only saw the 4th Quarter and OT but refs were not great in this one as well. I don't think that the "best" team won the Freshmen nor Varsity game. I don't want to sound like a homer but I think the outcome will be different come Feb. 4 at Ryle.
-
Ryle/Boone Predictions
I am predicting a Ryle sweep in all three games tonight. Varsity will come out and play tough defensively and JV should have more talent than Boone. The Freshmen will win a very close game.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Any news from Boone County freshmen?
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
Ryle freshmen won big against Scott yesterday.
-
Oldham County 51 v. Ryle 47
Ryle went into the 4th quarter up 7 but only scored 6 points the whole 4th quarter. Russell was no where to be found, PG kept turning it over, and Maley was inconsistent. Oldham County had 2 or 3 players that were just flat out destroying Ryle in one on one matchups in the fourth.
-
Freshman Basketball Scores
NKU, I know for a fact that their freshmen team is not what it is going to be in a few weeks. This is a bad time for NCC to be playing Cov. Cath and then have to play Ryle on Saturday.