Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone 58 Ryle 47

Featured Replies

This was a much closer game than the 11 points Boone won by. The disparity in talent really isn't there with Boone having better guards but Ryle having much better inside players. I'm not one to place much emphasis on the officiating, but Boone attempted more free throws than I remember seeing in a 9th region game.

 

Ryle JV won by around 10, Boone Freshmen knocked off Ryle Freshmen in OT, only saw the 4th Quarter and OT but refs were not great in this one as well. I don't think that the "best" team won the Freshmen nor Varsity game. I don't want to sound like a homer but I think the outcome will be different come Feb. 4 at Ryle.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a much closer game than the 11 points Boone won by. The disparity in talent really isn't there with Boone having better guards but Ryle having much better inside players. I'm not one to place much emphasis on the officiating, but Boone attempted more free throws than I remember seeing in a 9th region game.

 

Ryle JV won by around 10, Boone Freshmen knocked off Ryle Freshmen in OT, only saw the 4th Quarter and OT but refs were not great in this one as well. I don't think that the "best" team won the Freshmen nor Varsity game. I don't want to sound like a homer but I think the outcome will be different come Feb. 4 at Ryle.

 

I did not see many questionable fouls. The refs did not play a factor in the game's outcome. Boone had that many attempts in their last game, and HC had even more in the same game against them. IMO, Boone's guard play (both defensively and offensively) helped to turn the tide in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

 

Boone varsity is still missing 4 footballers (2 seniors). They will add a lot of depth, and Boone will be able to run even more when they return. IMO, Boone appeared much better than Ryle when pushing the tempo. Ryle seems content to try to play a low-scoring half court game to utilize their size. The problem is, they haven't scored enough or held opponents to few enough points yet.

 

Boone's freshmen are also very good.

 

IMO, 6'5" McFarland was clearly more athletic, a better scorer, and a better ball handler than Maile, Porter, and Russell. He had 16 points and 6 rebounds according to the paper. None of Ryle's 3 bigs were major factors in this game. Nichols came in off the bench for Ryle and ended up scoring more than the other three. Earls for Boone had an off game and did not look as good as Ryle's bigs. I agree that Boone probably has better guards.

I did not see many questionable fouls. The refs did not play a factor in the game's outcome. Boone had that many attempts in their last game, and HC had even more in the same game against them. IMO, Boone's guard play (both defensively and offensively) helped to turn the tide in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

 

Boone varsity is still missing 4 footballers (2 seniors). They will add a lot of depth, and Boone will be able to run even more when they return. IMO, Boone appeared much better than Ryle when pushing the tempo. Ryle seems content to try to play a low-scoring half court game to utilize their size. The problem is, they haven't scored enough or held opponents to few enough points yet.

 

Boone's freshmen are also very good.

 

IMO, 6'5" McFarland was clearly more athletic, a better scorer, and a better ball handler than Maile, Porter, and Russell. He had 16 points and 6 rebounds according to the paper. None of Ryle's 3 bigs were major factors in this game. Nichols came in off the bench for Ryle and ended up scoring more than the other three. Earls for Boone had an off game and did not look as good as Ryle's bigs. I agree that Boone probably has better guards.

 

Maybe at the point, but Helmer from Ryle was the most athletic guard on the floor and I believe the overall scoring leader for the game. At one point in the game he had 12 points in a 14-4 run by Ryle. Once again Ryle can't hold a lead going into the 4th Qtr (all three games this year).

  • Author

While I agree that McFarland is more athletic, he scored 12 of his points from free throws. Don't tell me that Refs had no play in this game. Boone shot 30+ free throws to Ryles 14 or 16. Boone loses that game if the refs were consistent.

 

Boone's freshmen are good, but Ryle's freshmen are better. Phantom calls in OT cost Ryle the game.

 

This should motivate Ryle's whole program to become stronger and better in the coming weeks. I feel sorry for Grant County and whoever the Freshmen play next.

I heard if Helmer stays in the game Ryle wins? Maley is agreat athlete how is his play?

I heard if Helmer stays in the game Ryle wins? Maley is agreat athlete how is his play?

 

I am not sure if it changed the outcome of the game, but he was taken out when he still had a hot hand. When he did come back in he missed a few in a row. Maley is a talent, but he seems to refuse to take the ball to the hoop. I would agree that last night McFarland out played Maley big time because he takes the ball to the hoop and gets fouled.

Maybe at the point, but Helmer from Ryle was the most athletic guard on the floor and I believe the overall scoring leader for the game. At one point in the game he had 12 points in a 14-4 run by Ryle. Once again Ryle can't hold a lead going into the 4th Qtr (all three games this year).

 

I don't think he scored much more at all from about 4 minutes left in the 3Q. He has a nice shot. Six of his points came from 3-point shots where he was left wide open. He also hit some nice pull up jumpers but didn't particularly impress me with ball handling or defense.

While I agree that McFarland is more athletic, he scored 12 of his points from free throws. Don't tell me that Refs had no play in this game. Boone shot 30+ free throws to Ryles 14 or 16. Boone loses that game if the refs were consistent.

 

Boone's freshmen are good, but Ryle's freshmen are better. Phantom calls in OT cost Ryle the game.

 

This should motivate Ryle's whole program to become stronger and better in the coming weeks. I feel sorry for Grant County and whoever the Freshmen play next.

 

 

I thought the fouls were justly called as they occured. I thought that Ryle fouled much more often than Boone did in this game. McFarland was able to penetrate and draw contact by contorting his body several times. His athleticism got him to the free throw line.

While I agree that McFarland is more athletic, he scored 12 of his points from free throws. Don't tell me that Refs had no play in this game. Boone shot 30+ free throws to Ryles 14 or 16. Boone loses that game if the refs were consistent.

 

.

 

Judging the qualify of the officials on the number of fouls one team gets vs the other is short-sighted. Teams that penetrate with players like McFarland are going to go to the line quite a bit unless the other teams plays soft defensively.

these officials need to stop anticipating fouls. They to often seem to call the foul when the defender is standing and the offensive player(McFarland) gets in trouble and adjust his shot thus making the contact happen. McFarland is a fine player. I'm sure the officials will catch on soon and he'll pull up from outside, heck he has a nice stroke he should pull up more often. Is Gabbard the best point guard in the 9th yet?

I havent been to any Ryle games since Mullins took over but does Ryle still play the same brand of basketball as they did when Neime was there? It seems like they still struggle to score 60 points per game.

Ryle will improve as the year goes on. Mailey needs to become the leader and play harder and more agressively or he will probably look bad this year.

Ahern needs to shoot the ball and penetrate. He doesnt see up the floor well and slows things down. If he starts penetrating and dishing things will improve.

Ryle does not attack the basket , alot of passing around the perimeter and not alot of cutting and driving to the basket.

Give Mullins a little more time and things will improve one way or another.

Sophmores will help alot as time goes on.

They are playing good defense, just need to step up on offense a little more.

Ryle will improve as the year goes on. Mailey needs to become the leader and play harder and more agressively or he will probably look bad this year.

Ahern needs to shoot the ball and penetrate. He doesnt see up the floor well and slows things down. If he starts penetrating and dishing things will improve.

Ryle does not attack the basket , alot of passing around the perimeter and not alot of cutting and driving to the basket.

Give Mullins a little more time and things will improve one way or another.

Sophmores will help alot as time goes on.

They are playing good defense, just need to step up on offense a little more.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.