Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone 58 Ryle 47

Featured Replies

I had heard during the summer that the Lample boy came back to Ryle after playing at Cov Cath? Is he playing for the Raiders or is it just another of those rumors? I have not seen/heard anything about him in either schools threads, so I was wondering if he is eligible to play for Ryle.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Gabbard the best point guard in the 9th yet?

 

If Gabbard is the SOPH, he's got a great future. However, to answer your question about today: no. Again, great future.

I had heard during the summer that the Lample boy came back to Ryle after playing at Cov Cath? Is he playing for the Raiders or is it just another of those rumors? I have not seen/heard anything about him in either schools threads, so I was wondering if he is eligible to play for Ryle.

 

I do not think he would be eligible to play. He would be a nice addition.

I had heard during the summer that the Lample boy came back to Ryle after playing at Cov Cath? Is he playing for the Raiders or is it just another of those rumors? I have not seen/heard anything about him in either schools threads, so I was wondering if he is eligible to play for Ryle.

 

He is not eligible to play.

This was a very competitive game between these two teams. They both should be much improved by their next meeting. Boone is missing some players and Ryle has a lot of inexperience right now.

 

I do not think the officials were a factor in the game. Ryle did foul alot because Boone did a good job of taking the ball to basket to draw fouls.

 

McFarland is good player who drew fouls in the post and on drives to the basket. I question his leadership skills, but I am not too familiar with the inner workings of the team. I thought the point guard for Boone was shaky, although I did not realize he was only a sophomoe so he should get better. 35 was a good three point shooter and Earls is going to be hard to stop over the next three years.

 

Ryle needs to get Maley some opportunities like McFarland- isolation on block for post moves or driving opportunities.

 

Some general observations on Ryle:

1. Russell needs to finish better.He has missed a ton of two foot shots in all three games he has played. He did not make a field goal last night and probably missed 4-6 shots in the paint.

2. Fourth quarter breakdowns. Too many turnovers and missed shots.

3. Ahern needs to look for shot more often- he is capable of hitting them.

4. Helmer is great in small portions. If he plays too long he gets tired and then he makes too many bad decisions.

5. Nichols is going to be a factor this season.

6. Porter is good defensive player, but limited offensively.

7. Coleman is going to earn more minutes as the year goes on. He has a good understanding of the game and will continue to help his team.

8. Maley needs to show good leadership and be more consistent offensively. He should be always scoring in double figures and close to double figures in rebounds.

9 McLeish shows signs of being a valuable asset- should continue to get minutes if he does what coaches tell him.

 

Lampl would not help this team. He did not get much playing time at Cov. Cath and is not any better than any of the 4 or 5's Ryle is playing right now.

 

Keep your head up Raiders- it is a long season and the goal should be to learn from this and get better.

I havent been to any Ryle games since Mullins took over but does Ryle still play the same brand of basketball as they did when Neime was there? It seems like they still struggle to score 60 points per game.

 

If you mean solid defense, team concept, limit turnovers, good shot selection and being coachable--then I would say yes they probably are similar.

 

Of course I do not think Mullins will use the four corner offense like you seem to think Niemi used.

these officials need to stop anticipating fouls. They to often seem to call the foul when the defender is standing and the offensive player(McFarland) gets in trouble and adjust his shot thus making the contact happen. McFarland is a fine player. I'm sure the officials will catch on soon and he'll pull up from outside' date=' heck he has a nice stroke he should pull up more often. [b']Is Gabbard the best point guard in the 9th yet?[/[/b]QUOTE]

 

Gabbard is only a sophomore and ranks up there with the best in the 9th. He works extremely hard off the court and it shows in his game. I look for him to continue to improve as the year goes on. I didn't make this game, but I heard he played well and made some key free throws toward the end of the game to ice it for the Rebels.

 

McFarland is good player who drew fouls in the post and on drives to the basket. I question his leadership skills, .

 

That's a little harsh, my man. We don't know the team dynamics and I'm guessing that like me, you've only seen him play once or twice this year which is a little early to make such a subjective judgment.

I heard if Helmer stays in the game Ryle wins? Maley is agreat athlete how is his play?

 

No offense to Maley, but if the folks at Ryle think he is a great athlete, they may need to broaden their horizons. If anything, I always thought his basketball I.Q. may become good enough to overcome his athleticism (or lack there of). Not sure if that's happened.

 

Ryle at 0-3 has to be one of the biggest surprises in NKY as the season begins.

No offense to Maley, but if the folks at Ryle think he is a great athlete, they may need to broaden their horizons. If anything, I always thought his basketball I.Q. may become good enough to overcome his athleticism (or lack there of). Not sure if that's happened.

 

Ryle at 0-3 has to be one of the biggest surprises in NKY as the season begins.

 

They may also be one of the biggest surprises when the season ends. They were winning all three games going into the 4th qtr and didn't close (they will have to trust each other-become a team). I saw two of the three games and in the games I saw either team was better than they were.

Ryle will not be much better than they are now unless the coach admitts his error in appointing Ahern team captain and starting point guard for life.Ahern is too small and struggles to bring the ball down the floor which slows the whole team down.He won't shoot even when they needed 3 points at the end of the Oldham game.Even if he penetrates,he is too small to dish the ball, thus Maley is not envolved .

 

The other main problem is Russell.His poor performances are the result of not practicing all summer.I hear he skipps practice after losses and yet still starts. How does a player get as many rebounds-off.-and not get a putback

as evidenced by 1 point of production.He absolutely has hands of stone.

 

IMO-Play Mcliech and Nichols at those two positions, write the year off, and Ryle will be better off next year.

Ryle will not be much better than they are now unless the coach admitts his error in appointing Ahern team captain and starting point guard for life.Ahern is too small and struggles to bring the ball down the floor which slows the whole team down.He won't shoot even when they needed 3 points at the end of the Oldham game.Even if he penetrates,he is too small to dish the ball, thus Maley is not envolved .

 

The other main problem is Russell.His poor performances are the result of not practicing all summer.I hear he skipps practice after losses and yet still starts. How does a player get as many rebounds-off.-and not get a putback

as evidenced by 1 point of production.He absolutely has hands of stone.

 

IMO-Play Mcliech and Nichols at those two positions, write the year off, and Ryle will be better off next year.

 

 

Pretty strong statements... I won't say you're right or wrong but even you must know that this is not the Ryle way.

Always nice to see the Rebels beat the Raiders.

 

Will either team compete for the 9th?

Always nice to see the Rebels beat the Raiders.

Will either team compete for the 9th?

 

Rebels got to make up from a few of those loses earlier this decade! :D

 

(I have no clue where the record stands!)

Always nice to see the Rebels beat the Raiders.

 

Will either team compete for the 9th?

 

Out of the two, Boone is the only one with a chance of competing for the 9th!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.