Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 44 Conner 27

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About as ugly a game as you would want to watch.

 

14 10 at halftime.

 

Ryle simply outmanned Conner. Conner's big men could not get anywhere near the block due to Ryle's big men pushing them away from the basket. Ex: Conner's wing player had the ball in front of the Conner bench trying to work it inside. The problem was that the Conner post player had been moved about 12 feet down the baseline.

 

Ryle's D gave Conner fits as well. Man to man with a lot of zone principles to it.

This has to be a half time score....please tell me this was a half time score..........OMG...it is the final! Conner 8th grade team probably could have scored more points than 27. But since I was not there, I will hold judgement until I see some comments from those in attendance. So please. DETAILS ANYONE?

Conner 8th grade team probably could have scored more points than 27.

 

Lets not lose our mind.

Sounds like Conner played good defense, too. But, how in the heck do you only score 27 points in a do or die game? I guess they did pick up production in the second half, though. Congrats to Ryle on advancing. It's good to send Conner packing two years in a row.

Sounds like Conner played good defense, too. But, how in the heck do you only score 27 points in a do or die game? I guess they did pick up production in the second half, though. Congrats to Ryle on advancing. It's good to send Conner packing two years in a row.

 

10 points first half

17 points second half

10 points first half

17 points second half

 

I guess my choice of phrases was a bit on the sarcastic side. No need to replace the nets after this one.

I would be interested to know how many blocks Hodges had. I bet he had 8 at half. Not many in the 2nd half.

 

The young man needs to spend A LOT of time in the weight room. The 9th next year is going to be filled with strong 5s. If he doesn't get stronger he will not be a factor.

  • Author
About as ugly a game as you would want to watch.

 

14 10 at halftime.

 

Ryle simply outmanned Conner. Conner's big men could not get anywhere near the block due to Ryle's big men pushing them away from the basket. Ex: Conner's wing player had the ball in front of the Conner bench trying to work it inside. The problem was that the Conner post player had been moved about 12 feet down the baseline.

 

Ryle's D gave Conner fits as well. Man to man with a lot of zone principles to it.

 

Clyde pretty much summed it up with his assessment. The only other I thing I will add was that Conner was also out toughed, thought they played timid and without passion. Hodges blocked a bunch of shots, but needs to hit the weight room for sure. He gets pushed out of his desired spot way to often.

Wow I thought Conner would win

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

I figured Conner would struggle in this one. Ryle has been playing really well lately and Conner has been inconsistent. Conner had already beaten Ryle twice in come from behind games this season. In addition to it being on Ryle's floor, Ryle actually did Senior night honors also. I think the chips were stacked against the Cougars. And they didn't help themselves either. This game was painfull to watch.

I wonder if the Cougars set some kind of scoring record tonight. I sure don't recall any games for them in the 20s at the end of the night in basketball. Again, congrats to Ryle. This one surprises me.

Very surprised by this score...not that Ryle scored in the 40's or won, but the fact that Conner only scored 27 and the Raiders won by 17.

 

With the recent events at Boone, don't be surprised if Ryle wins the district on their home floor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.