Tate Martell

GrantNKY

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Was he ever really considered the heir apparent at OSU?

Was he not as good as expected, by that I mean the coach has seen him every day in practice...but seemed quick to show him the door. Even with a full year in the system they were ready to boot him for someone that has to come in and start at zero.

Watching QB1 (which is all I've seen of him) I thought he was over rated in HS

Thanks.

Was he ever really considered the heir apparent at OSU?

Was he not as good as expected, by that I mean the coach has seen him every day in practice...but seemed quick to show him the door. Even with a full year in the system they were ready to boot him for someone that has to come in and start at zero.

Watching QB1 (which is all I've seen of him) I thought he was over rated in HS

Yes. Buckeye fans were extremely excited about Tate next year. Up until the Fields transfer rumors started, Tate was the guy. Say what you want about Ohio State fans and a lot of it would be well deserved, but as a whole the fan base is extremely knowledgeable about the sport and wanted Fields the second the rumors started. We feel he’s that talented. As far as Tate goes, I think Ryan Day would have had back to back QBs go to the Heisman ceremony. If Tate lands at WVU like I think he probably will, he will put up monster numbers.

Yes. Buckeye fans were extremely excited about Tate next year. Up until the Fields transfer rumors started, Tate was the guy. Say what you want about Ohio State fans and a lot of it would be well deserved, but as a whole the fan base is extremely knowledgeable about the sport and wanted Fields the second the rumors started. We feel he’s that talented. As far as Tate goes, I think Ryan Day would have had back to back QBs go to the Heisman ceremony. If Tate lands at WVU like I think he probably will, he will put up monster numbers.

Been a busy couple of weeks for me. Does WVU have a new coaching staff in place?

Been a busy couple of weeks for me. Does WVU have a new coaching staff in place?

Honestly I’m not sure who Neal Brown has put together on his staff at WVU. With all the transfers and staff changes at other schools it’s been hard to keep up with.

I’d like to see Tate go somewhere where he has the opportunity to stick it to the Buckeyes either in the B16 or in the playoffs.

Only opportunity he would have would be to transfer to a Big 10 school. As far as the playoff he would have to go somewhere he wouldn’t be guaranteed the job. Every team that is going to be a playoff contender going into the year has their guy.