Madison Central 73 Franklin County 72

11th Region 1st round

Franklin came back from a 17 point 4th quarter deficit, took lead 72-71 with under a minute to go. Franklin County missed a three pointer with time winding down and after 2 free throw misses by Central, a desperation shot didn't go.

Franklin Co. 13 15 14 30 72

Madison Central 18 24 15 16 73

11th Region at EKU

Franklin Co. (13-15) -- Hamilton 18, Bell 2, Meyer 12, Tabor 12, Timmons 17, Brown 4, Roberts 7.

Madison Central (21-9) -- Allen 15, Ford 9, Obryan 11, Hawkins 6, Covington 9, Taylor 2, Bosley 13, Stocker 6, Pyatt 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=852048386241037&RecordID=9973&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1FVOANlQh

Franklin County got in early foul trouble with several players having to sit more than usual. The reserves played their hearts out. Madison Central got in foul trouble the second half and Franklin County's "well rested" players made a furious rally. Franklin County got the lead late just could not make one more play to seal the win. Big win for Madison Central.

Madison Central 73, Franklin County 72: The Indians led 67-57 with just over three minutes left, but Franklin County rallied behind its pressure defense and long-range shooting by Garrett Hamilton and Eric Meyer.

Meyer drilled a three to put the Flyers ahead 72-71 with 35 seconds left.

Dominique Hawkins answered for Madison Central, attacking the basket and getting fouled. He hit two free throws with 22 seconds left to give the Indians a 73-72 lead.

Franklin County wound down the clock before Meyer lofted a long three from straight-away, but it rimmed out. Hawkins got the rebound, and was fouled with 3.8 seconds left. He missed both free throws, but the Flyers could only get off a half-court heave as the buzzer sounded.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/03/1655777/tates-creek-madison-central-boys.html#ixzz1FXCIKS56

This was a game that the officials in my opinion were "whistle happy". Franklin County had 4 starters on the bench the majority of the 3rd quarter including point guard Ryan Timmons who picked up two "ticky tack" fouls 30 seconds into the 3rd quarter. I know the foul differential was in MC's favor the first half and I would speculate for the entire game. Feldhaus is a very good coach and is known for working officials as well as any coach in KY. I've watched alot of basketball over the years and Hawkin's drive to the basket after FC took the lead on Meyer's three 72-71, could have easily been a no call. The shot was contested and I have witnessed that type play being a no call many times over the years. It just didn't go FC's way on this night.

All that said it was an entertaining basketball game, with great atmosphere, and some great plays on the court from both teams. Best of luck to Madison Central the rest of the way!! Feldhaus runs a class program at MC, and always gets the maximum out of his players.

Also I am told that 12th region officials were used in this contest.

This was a game that the officials in my opinion were "whistle happy". Franklin County had 4 starters on the bench the majority of the 3rd quarter including point guard Ryan Timmons who picked up two "ticky tack" fouls 30 seconds into the 3rd quarter. I know the foul differential was in MC's favor the first half and I would speculate for the entire game. Feldhaus is a very good coach and is known for working officials as well as any coach in KY. I've watched alot of basketball over the years and Hawkin's drive to the basket after FC took the lead on Meyer's three 72-71, could have easily been a no call. The shot was contested and I have witnessed that type play being a no call many times over the years. It just didn't go FC's way on this night.

All that said it was an entertaining basketball game, with great atmosphere, and some great plays on the court from both teams. Best of luck to Madison Central the rest of the way!! Feldhaus runs a class program at MC, and always gets the maximum out of his players.

Also I am told that 12th region officials were used in this contest.

That's pretty much how I was told it went too.

Franklin County was called for 29 fouls and Madison Central was called for 19. Franklin County had one starter foul out and the other four starters finished with four fouls each. Madison Central also had on starter foul out. Franklin County attempted 23 free throws, 40 by Madison Central. Madison Central shot 40% from the field including six of 11 from the three point line. Were 27 of 40 free throws. Franklin County shot 54.2% from the field including six of 14 from treyville. The Flyers connected on 14 of 23 free throws.

Second time this year the Flyers have held Hawkins to 6 points.

Not a just an off night for Hawkins, Timmons had alot to do with him just scoring 6. Fact is that Timmons is much quicker and more explosive than Hawkins, he just doesn't have an outside shot. Timmons is a football player first and a good one at that. His ball handling and especially his left hand improved tremendously this season. If he made a choice to work hard and further develop skills (mid range jumper) in the off season I'm not sure you could find a better point guard in the state.

Not a just an off night for Hawkins, Timmons had alot to do with him just scoring 6. Fact is that Timmons is much quicker and more explosive than Hawkins, he just doesn't have an outside shot. Timmons is a football player first and a good one at that. His ball handling and especially his left hand improved tremendously this season. If he made a choice to work hard and further develop skills (mid range jumper) in the off season I'm not sure you could find a better point guard in the state.

Tabor also did a great job on Hawkins when Timmons got in foul trouble.

No doubt. ^