In What Order Do You Dress?

Watusi

My wife says I am strange because of the way I get dressed. I do things in a certain order and apparently it is not the order she thinks is normal.

So I want to ask my fellow BGPers about their dressing routine.

What order do you dress?

Please rank the following items of clothing as to the order you put them on when you get dressed for work, from first to last.

Shirt

Pants

Underwear bottoms

Underwear tops

(trying to be gender neutral there, lol)

Socks

Shoes

Belt

Accessories (watch, tie, jewelry, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife says I am strange because of the way I get dressed. I do things in a certain order and apparently it is not the order she thinks is normal.

What order do you dress?

Please rank the following items of clothing as to the order you put them on when you get dressed for work, from first to last.

Shirt

Pants

Underwear bottoms

Underwear tops

Socks

Shoes

Belt

Thanks in advance.

I'm struggling to understand how you can put an undershirt or underwear on after you've put your shirt or pants on?:confused:

I'm struggling to understand how you can put an undershirt or underwear on after you've put your shirt or pants on?:confused:

Yeah, that would be a trick. That isn't the order I dress :lol: That is just a list of the items for everyone to rank.

What order do you dress?

Shirt

Pants

Underwear bottoms

Underwear tops

Socks

Shoes

Belt

Thanks in advance.

As for my order it goes:

Underwear(boxer briefs of course)

Pants

Belt

Undershirt(though I rarely wear one unless I'm dressed to impress)

Shirt

Socks

Shoes(though I long for a warm casual environment where flip flops are always acceptable)

Cologne

You have to apply deodorant before the addition of your undershirt for easy access to the pits.

I tend to do it the other way, I like the gel deoderants but they tend to rub off on the shirt if you try to put the shirt on afterwards. Thus I typically tunnel through my shirt to the pitts.

Shirt

Pants

Underwear bottoms

Underwear tops

Socks

Shoes

Belt

Tightie whities

T-shirt (tucked into said tightie whities)

Pants

Socks

Shoes

Shirt

Belt

Archie Bunker says:"Don't you know the whole world puts on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe?"

You beat me to it. When I saw this thread that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I tend to do it the other way, I like the gel deoderants but they tend to rub off on the shirt if you try to put the shirt on afterwards. Thus I typically tunnel through my shirt to the pitts.

But what if you accidentally scuff the shirt with the gel stick due to its girth?