Prestonsburg 42 Lawrence County 12

UKBLUE1964

I hope that the LC players keep a good attitude and continue to work hard. Good things will happen if that continues. From what all I understand this is a very young team, couple that with going to an entirely new offensive system and it is going to take some time. Imo the Bulldogs will do it. I hope that the good fans at LCHS keep supporting the program and that the players do not get caught up in listening to all of the negative stuff that will no doubt surface from some. As I have aways said, "Negativity breeds Negativity" and does no one any good.

I am making these comments as an outsider that has always respected the LCHS program. Imo it is only a matter of time before the Bulldogs will be winning big again.

Good Luck to the LCHS Buldog players, coaches and fans. :thumb:

Better show by the Dawgs but still not good....came out fired up and as I always say, one thing happens and it all falls apart. They beat themselves the majority of the time. No, I don't know what the answer is....

CONFIDENCE. Wins create confidence and can make a less talented team play above their abilities. For the past four years LC has played a brutal schedule with young teams. They would start the season 0-4, 1-3, 1-5 and so on, which causes the team to lose all of their confidence. With the loss of confidence - they lose their fire, they make mistakes and one bad play causes them to give up. It's too late for a good start now but, I would think that starting next year they should lighten the schedule. Build a schedule where they can start with two or three wins in a row and then see how they play Belfry, Pburg and SC - I guarantee there would be a big difference. Hopefully, with their district being much easier, they can get some W's and gain some confidence.

The only thing that Lawrence County can do is what all Lawrence County teams do. They will continue to work hard everyday in practice and try to correct their mistakes. I guarantee that no one wants a win any more than the coaches and players. The kids will not quit and I hope the fans stay positive and give them 100% support.

Why do so many leave the "s" out of Prestonsburg ?? :lol:

The Bulldogs impressed me on their first drive. The WR screen and delay hand offs worked very well. Lawrence Co. will get there...it's coming. The sub-par seasons you all are suffering will make the days ahead that much better.

:thumb:

OTOH, Prestonsburg's defense has me scratching my head. The Blackcats played 6 and 7 man fronts all night. Is this some kind of "baptism by fire" conceived by the coaching staff ? :eek:

IMO, it'll force the linemen and LB's to get better, or wear them out. Either way...I don't see how this defensive scheme can be successful against an accomplished running offense. It's just too easy to give up yardage when you underman the line of scrimmage.

:sssh:

I know the answer....NEW COACHES:thumb:

That's always the first thing people want to say, but the bottom line is if you have better players your team wins.

A coach can make a difference in preparation, stamina, gameplan, etc., but he doesn't fumble, throw INTs, jump offsides, drop passes, or prepare for a game all week long with a goal of losing.

Sometimes the talent just isn't there. The good thing is these things go in cycles and good times at LC are in the mist. Keep your heads up!

That's always the first thing people want to say, but the bottom line is if you have better players your team wins.

A coach can make a difference in preparation, stamina, gameplan, etc., but he doesn't fumble, throw INTs, jump offsides, drop passes, or prepare for a game all week long with a goal of losing.

Sometimes the talent just isn't there. The good thing is these things go in cycles and good times at LC are in the mist. Keep your heads up!

Yes, very true BUT there is tremendous talent at LC right now.....