Nebraska/Wake Forest Updates

UKMustangFan

I didn't see much of the game (other than the odd throwing motion of Keller) but I will say this:

Thank goodness I don't bet on games.

If I still did this would have costed me big time.

Ugly game by my boys but a win is a win. It was awesome finally getting to see my team play up close. I know Hssb had a great time too. It was great to finally meet him.

I see he's still the teetotaler. I thought once he got around his Husker friends he might partake.

Na he was sober as a saint although he had some characters with him tho, especially the UL fan who was cool, except for the whole being a UL fan thing.

Dont let hssb fool ya tho, he was pumped come game time.

Great, great weekend. Some random thoughts:

* Keller is / was horrible. I mean ridiculously bad. I don't know how close they were to bringing in Joe Ganz, but I'd have been close if I was wearing the head-set.

* I've never seen a game with so many "play under review" breaks. I just had a hunch that last INT was going to get over-turned, although live and from the replays on the board, I was surprised it was "irrefutable." Anyone who saw the TV broadcast have better insight?

* The interference that wasn't that you are referring to was much ado about nothing in my opinion. The ball was a long way from the receiver and it sure looked like it was past the WR before he was spun around. I know, I'm biased.

* The Blackshirt Defense was huge in the 4th Quarter.

* If that Nebraska Offense shows up Saturday it will get ugly...even in Lincoln.

* It was 7th level of Hades hot down on the field. We were in the 2nd Row and it had to be 120 on the field. Brutal.

* Wake has a nice little stadium -- Deacon Hill is a nice touch. That motorcycle is freaking sweet.

* It was GREAT to finally meet and spend some time with NHS and his brother. Really good fellas. I know NHS had to be biting his nails for his first Husker game in person. He and his brother, with my 3 buddies, were enjoying themselves early for that Noon kick-off. Great, great guys.

* Nebraska rented out the Wake Baseball field for a "Husker Huddle" before the game. Buffet, beer and soft drinks (with lemonade and sweet tea), cheerleaders, band...great time. Probably 3,000 or 4,000 people in there in Red and enjoying themselves early on Saturday morning.

* A road win in the ACC, versus a team coming off the Orange Bowl, is still a Win. Wake has a really nice defense and will win a lot of games this year.

* There was 1 Wake Fan behind us who was a hoot. He had the perfect personality to be surrounded in every direction by the other team. Funny, enjoying himself. Really having a good time. I thought his best line (keep in mind, he's been attending games there since Piccolo was running) was "...I hope our sorry fans learn something from having a real big-time program come into town..." Got a kick out of it. Wake is developing a nice football program down there. Their fans, in general, were very, very nice. One dufus was encountered on the way out but John Law nabbed him before we did. :)

* Nice to see Shane Popham blast a couple of long field-goals before the 2nd half started. #30 suits him.

* Cshs, I'm diappointed. You know better...

Great, great weekend. Some random thoughts:

* Keller is / was horrible. I mean ridiculously bad. I don't know how close they were to bringing in Joe Ganz, but I'd have been close if I was wearing the head-set.

* I've never seen a game with so many "play under review" breaks. I just had a hunch that last INT was going to get over-turned, although live and from the replays on the board, I was surprised it was "irrefutable." Anyone who saw the TV broadcast have better insight?

* The interference that wasn't that you are referring to was much ado about nothing in my opinion. The ball was a long way from the receiver and it sure looked like it was past the WR before he was spun around. I know, I'm biased.

* The Blackshirt Defense was huge in the 4th Quarter.

* If that Nebraska Offense shows up Saturday it will get ugly...even in Lincoln.

* It was 7th level of Hades hot down on the field. We were in the 2nd Row and it had to be 120 on the field. Brutal.

* Wake has a nice little stadium -- Deacon Hill is a nice touch. That motorcycle is freaking sweet.

* It was GREAT to finally meet and spend some time with NHS and his brother. Really good fellas. I know NHS had to be biting his nails for his first Husker game in person. He and his brother, with my 3 buddies, were enjoying themselves early for that Noon kick-off. Great, great guys.

* Nebraska rented out the Wake Baseball field for a "Husker Huddle" before the game. Buffet, beer and soft drinks (with lemonade and sweet tea), cheerleaders, band...great time. Probably 3,000 or 4,000 people in there in Red and enjoying themselves early on Saturday morning.

* A road win in the ACC, versus a team coming off the Orange Bowl, is still a Win. Wake has a really nice defense and will win a lot of games this year.

* There was 1 Wake Fan behind us who was a hoot. He had the perfect personality to be surrounded in every direction by the other team. Funny, enjoying himself. Really having a good time. I thought his best line (keep in mind, he's been attending games there since Piccolo was running) was "...I hope our sorry fans learn something from having a real big-time program come into town..." Got a kick out of it. Wake is developing a nice football program down there. Their fans, in general, were very, very nice. One dufus was encountered on the way out but John Law nabbed him before we did. :)

* Nice to see Shane Popham blast a couple of long field-goals before the 2nd half started. #30 suits him.

* Cshs, I'm diappointed. You know better...

O man I was so nervous, I was about to pull what hair i got out of my head. There's a few times I think I just put my hands over my eyes and didnt even look. This was the look on my face when the Wake WR dropped the wide open td pass on the first drive :scared: