Lincoln 12 Mercer 7

wildcat111

Well, let's try this again. Guy's keep it to the game

Mercer' D was great, Offense had nothing, dive, dive, counter, counter and the hurried pass. Not much outside the tackles tonite for Mercer. If we are going to compete in 5A, we will have to add the passing game, at least a couple passes every now and then to keep people honest.

Lincoln D was great, offense at least had a little variety. QB had alot of dropped balls.

Mercer D played very well. Lincoln D played very well.

Mercer needs to find an offense. I sure hope some of these players step up and show leadership. Last years team had lots of leaders. This years team seems to be searching for an identity. Hopefully this loss will pull them together. And some of these young men will rise to the top and be field generals.

Both of these teams are still finding themselves. Last year's Mercer County team was the school's best ever. Last year's Lincoln County team was the best in the past 7 years if not longer.

They both lost a ton of offense.

Speaking from the Lincoln County side, the Patriots appear to be "winning ugly" but in my opinion it is nothing more than playing hard and making things happen. It was the case last week and it was the case last night.

Lincoln may not be as talented as they were last year but they seem to be making up for it with determination and effort.

And, they seem to be getting better each week. What more can you ask for?

You ignored my warnings in the first thread, and you started in on it here in the new one. Its unfair to the Mercer and Lincoln people to keep closing threads when people come in and take pot-shots. Instead, I'm leaving it open and we're just going to start suspending people who ignore me.

I went to the game and if mercer has to play another passing team they're going to be in alot of trouble. Lincoln could of won by a more considerable margin but the quarterback missed too many wide open men. Also, after the game I went to Mercers facility to pick up my friends son, and i saw Jaggers get into several confrattions with parents. They physically had to hold both the parents and the coaches back. I hope that Titan nation will stand by the coach, they have talent just give it time. They don't have the 100+ seniors like they seemed like they had last year.

I went to the game and if mercer has to play another passing team they're going to be in alot of trouble. Lincoln could of won by a more considerable margin but the quarterback missed too many wide open men. Also, after the game I went to Mercers facility to pick up my friends son, and i saw Jaggers get into several confrattions with parents. They physically had to hold both the parents and the coaches back. I hope that Titan nation will stand by the coach, they have talent just give it time. They don't have the 100+ seniors like they seemed like they had last year.

Wow!! I hope they get this worked out and quick...

I'd have to agree with you. Teams that have a good passing game will hurt the Titans. The Titans D can stop the run fairly well, but their defense on the passing game side is weak. I too heard of the confrontations after the game. Expectations are high for this team, maybe too high, and the fans got spoiled by the success of last year so it seems. Perhaps Mercer overlooked the Patriots and took this game for granted. Could be a long season if fans/parents don't come together to support the TEAM!