Mayfield 50 Ballard Memorial 8

Toothpick

Good game by the cards, I was really impressed with our second string, it seemed fairly easy to score against their first string defense, granted they were wore down. I didn't know what to think about DeCole Noonan until tonight, but he really is something else, what a fun back to watch.

Great game Cards, could Ballard ever get anything going at all?

Mayfield's first team defense allowed only 19 yards TOTAL offense before they were pulled at halftime and played the entire first half in the Bombers side of the football. Mayfields defense was solid and their offense...man they have more talented skill people than I have seen at Mayfield in quite a long time...Armstrong looked really solid in the pocket and his throws were right on the money. Mayfield had one TD called back on a holding penalty that was the sweetest throw by Armstrong to TE Jared McQuiston that he caught over his shoulder with a DB in good position and then McQuistion literally drug a Ballard defender 20 yards for the score that was brought back...actually it was one of two sweet touchdowns that was called back...the other was a screen pass to speedy wideout Xavier Shelton that was also called back due to a penalty. Kinda hard to say this...but the game was not as close as the score would have indicated as they played the entire second half basically with the running clock and Mayfield's JV unit in there for nearly the entire second half as well. Ballard got their only score on a long run by their quarterback against our freshman and JV defense.