Henderson County vs. Daviess County

Fletch

Pick the winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner

• Henderson County
    • Daviess County

I agree with you pick, but Daviess Co. DB's are a concern, but good defense rest of the way. Offense is explosive as they are running a variation of the Franklin system, which you can do with the receivers they have, and more important the QB they have.

Last years Henderson team would beat our current Henderson team by 45 points.

Maybe so! Last years team went on to the semis and was dominated by a team who was dominated by a Louisville school... So, do you look to the past or the future? Numbers are up. Freshman team is fielding 40+ players, more than the Varsity had last year. They will take there lumps, but will be a better program in the long run!:flame:

Maybe so! Last years team went on to the semis and was dominated by a team who was dominated by a Louisville school... So, do you look to the past or the future? Numbers are up. Freshman team is fielding 40+ players, more than the Varsity had last year. They will take there lumps, but will be a better program in the long run!:flame:

East you have read what I have said before. You should not get so upset. I have been saying what you just wrote before you said it. I also said it on a PM before the season. This observation was in terms of the DC/Henderson match-up. Or specifically responding to the "two up in competition" statement.

I don't think they are a variation of the Frankiln System, unless believing in the forward pass classifies you as a SYSTEM. Henderson was and Owensboro Catholic is a variation of the system. For better or worse I think DCHS has their own system. If I happen to attend the game I will come back and appologize if I see one Mesh , Y Cross, Shallow or any coach on the sideline yelling NASCAR, NASCAR! No disrespect to Coach Franklin or the system, it is a great offense.

I don't think they are a variation of the Frankiln System, unless believing in the forward pass classifies you as a SYSTEM. Henderson was and Owensboro Catholic is a variation of the system. For better or worse I think DCHS has their own system. If I happen to attend the game I will come back and appologize if I see one Mesh , Y Cross, Shallow or any coach on the sideline yelling NASCAR, NASCAR! No disrespect to Coach Franklin or the system, it is a great offense.
David Barnes used the Franklin system when he was at Daviess. From what I'm told, Kimbrell's offensive scheme is pretty similar.

I do not know much about either school. however, I did graduate from Henderson County Senior High while Coach Rice was there so I have to pull for my school. I would love to see them make it here to Louisville during the finals. What better time to watch them than right here at Papa John's Stadium.

I do not know much about either school. however, I did graduate from Henderson County Senior High while Coach Rice was there so I have to pull for my school. I would love to see them make it here to Louisville during the finals. What better time to watch them than right here at Papa John's Stadium.

You mean Reese? Anyway, from what i hear, Henderson simply has not played with any passion. This will b my first game to watch, so i guess i will see for myself. Im sure Daviess Co is chompin at the bit to get a win over Henderson, so few they have been over the years. If Henderson looses this game, they may well not win one at all. If Henderson plays with some fire & enthuisiam, they can win this district opener. Im going with Hendo 26-20.