Cris Carter snubbed again...

It's actually a common theme I run across in conversation when discussing football. The lack of respect for a man who only trails Emmitt Smith, Walter Peyton, and Barry Sanders in terms of RB production absolutely astounds me. It's not like he played for an abnormal amount of years to work his way up the list. He was just incredibly consistent in his production. I was wrong by the way. It was actually his BEST overall season that took place at the age of 31, rushing for just under 1700 yards on the season and winning the rushing title. Not sure how many 31 year olds have achieved that.
Sorry, he just never moved the meter for me. Every season he played I never thought to myself Martin is one of the top 2-3 backs in the league. And if there was a season like that, there were not enough of them to be in my hall of fame. Extremely good player.

Parcells was the biggest snub of the day. Beyond Charles Haley.

Sorry, he just never moved the meter for me. Every season he played I never thought to myself Martin is one of the top 2-3 backs in the league. And if there was a season like that, there were not enough of them to be in my hall of fame. Extremely good player.

Parcells was the biggest snub of the day. Beyond Charles Haley.

I suppose LT wouldn't make it in your Hall of Fame either then. LT finished in the top 3 rushers in 4 seasons (11 season career). Curtis Martin also finished in the top 3 rushers in 4 seasons (11 season career).

I don't really know if you consider Tomlinson HOF worthy or not, but many many people do. In the same amount of seasons, Martin rushed for more yardage than LT. They both finished top 3 at their position the exact same amount of times.

FWIW I do think LT has the better career because his TD numbers are off the charts. Martin's TD numbers are comparable to other HOF RB's though, so it is not a stat that can be held against him. HOF should be about your overall body of work. Only 3 RB's in history (I'll give 4 because of LT) have ever produced more over their career than Curtis Martin. To argue that he was never a top 3 at his position in a given year is just wrong. The stats back me up.

I suppose LT wouldn't make it in your Hall of Fame either then. LT finished in the top 3 rushers in 4 seasons (11 season career). Curtis Martin also finished in the top 3 rushers in 4 seasons (11 season career).

I don't really know if you consider Tomlinson HOF worthy or not, but many many people do. In the same amount of seasons, Martin rushed for more yardage than LT. They both finished top 3 at their position the exact same amount of times.

FWIW I do think LT has the better career because his TD numbers are off the charts. Martin's TD numbers are comparable to other HOF RB's though, so it is not a stat that can be held against him. HOF should be about your overall body of work. Only 3 RB's in history (I'll give 4 because of LT) have ever produced more over their career than Curtis Martin. To argue that he was never a top 3 at his position in a given year is just wrong. The stats back me up.

If you are having to stat me (aka having to make a case), they are not in my Hall. I have no idea what Tomlinson's numbers are, but I felt for a period of 5 years he was the best back in the league and was an absolute game changing force. Loved Martin, just never considered him one of the all time greats. When I think Hall of Fame, I think of people that would be worthy of consideration to be put on the Mount Rushmore of their respective sports or at least for their position. I do not think Martin would garner any votes for that. I know that is an odd way of looking at it.

If you are having to stat me (aka having to make a case), they are not in my Hall. I have no idea what Tomlinson's numbers are, but I felt for a period of 5 years he was the best back in the league and was an absolute game changing force. Loved Martin, just never considered him one of the all time greats. When I think Hall of Fame, I think of people that would be worthy of consideration to be put on the Mount Rushmore of their respective sports or at least for their position. I do not think Martin would garner any votes for that. I know that is an odd way of looking at it.

Stats don't lie. That's how everyone gets in. If your produce, like say the 4th all-time leading rusher, you get in. You don't have to be flashy, play on great teams, you've just got to produce. I have no dog in this fight btw.

Didn't Cris Carter have some drug problems early in his career? If so, could this be what is keeping him out?