Paris 63 Bracken County 35 (All A 10th Region)

After losing to Bracken last week in Paris, the Greyhounds bounce back with a big win at Bracken County in the All A 10th Region Tournament. The Hounds led 34-10 at the break. They were led in scoring by sophomore Cameron Downey (23 points) and senior forward Aaron Jacobs (14 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocked shots).:banana:

Where's all the big Persinger supporters at with excuses. When will everyone's eyes open and see that a lot of players were ran off that could have helped this team. Crawford is the only starter that plays hard at all, no one puts out much effort because they know they won't come out of the game unless they get in foul trouble. Also heard that 3 of the bench players that everyone said was no good outscored 4 of the 5 starters. Maybe they could get a few more Parents on the bench to help out.

Where's all the big Persinger supporters at with excuses.

:lol:

Let me tell you where we're at: We're exactly where we were last year--when we finished 17-11. And we're exactly where we were the year before--when we finished 19-12. We're standing beside our coach, but most importantly, our team.

The question is: Where were you those two years? Or do you just come out of the woodwork (see: Join Date Dec 2011...see: 70% of posting content having something derogatory to say about Coach Persinger and/or the Polar Bears) when the team is struggling, or not enjoying the success as it had in the past?

Yeah...that's what I thought.

I am neither a Persinger lover or hater. But he's got what he's got. I can name two kids that he "ran off" one that decided to focus on baseball, and one that transferred to that tiny school that wears orange.

You have to admit, the guy isn't exactly working with a lineup with a ton of 1000 point guys, in a small school you have up and downs like this, pretty difficult to re-load at a small public school.

:lol:

Let me tell you where we're at: We're exactly where we were last year--when we finished 17-11. And we're exactly where we were the year before--when we finished 19-12. We're standing beside our coach, but most importantly, our team.

The question is: Where were you those two years? Or do you just come out of the woodwork (see: Join Date Dec 2011...see: 70% of posting content having something derogatory to say about Coach Persinger and/or the Polar Bears) when the team is struggling, or not enjoying the success as it had in the past?

Yeah...that's what I thought.

Been around a long time, let my script run out by accident and rejoined, not that I owe you an explanation. I personally don't look at wins and loses, just where the program seems to be heading. Watched a lot of Bracken teams that played really hard and earned playing time, but lost more games than they won. Right now it appears to me (and I know several others) that playing time is not earned but appointed. Ask the question sometime and I bet the staff can tell you who will be starting 3 yrs from now and the order others will come off the bench. Been watching Bracken play for well over 15 yrs and all I ever expected was for the players to play hard and to the best of their ability and to be rewarded for such and not given playing time based upon predeterminations.:sssh:

Been around a long time, let my script run out by accident and rejoined, not that I owe you an explanation. I personally don't look at wins and loses, just where the program seems to be heading. Watched a lot of Bracken teams that played really hard and earned playing time, but lost more games than they won. Right now it appears to me (and I know several others) that playing time is not earned but appointed. Ask the question sometime and I bet the staff can tell you who will be starting 3 yrs from now and the order others will come off the bench. Been watching Bracken play for well over 15 yrs and all I ever expected was for the players to play hard and to the best of their ability and to be rewarded for such and not given playing time based upon predeterminations.:sssh:

So let me see if I have all of this straight...

* You say you don't "owe...an explanation" to me, yet you invest 148 words giving me just that. Check.

* You say you don't "personally...look at wins and loses (:lol:)" & yet in a previous thread (this one: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?228446-Augusta-63-Bracken-County-41&p=4235181&highlight=#post4235181) you did look at wins & losses. You stated that Bracken hadn't beaten anyone of notoriety. Yet when I pointed out they defeated last year's regional runner-up (by 18 points) & also beat a 12th region power the previous year, you have nothing to say. Check.

* You mention "several others" yet I'm only counting you. Check.

* You speak of playing time being "predetermined" yet offer no specifics. Do you have mind-reading capability? Are you privy to practices & coaches meetings where such matters are discussed? Check.

* A poster in this thread gives explanation to the players Coach Persinger has "ran off" (that's your quote from the thread linked above) & yet you provide zero in terms of rebuttal to that. Check.

That's what I thought. :lol:

Now that we've dealt with that...

I too have watched Bracken County basketball, and for quite a bit longer than fifteen years. And here's what I have seen during that time. I've seen teams that are typically average at best. I feel comfortable in saying that, and I don't feel like I'm being negative toward the program at all, because I'm an alum & at one time donned the Polar Bears uniform. I love Bracken County sports & that love will never die.

As Pi mentioned, we are a public, Class A school. There have been some teams here and there that reached pretty impressive success. The 1997-98 & 1998-99 teams come to mind, mainly because the former was the last BC team to win the Boys Class A & the latter was the last to win a District Championship.

All Blue pointed out in a previous thread (the one linked above) the records of BC coaches over the last several years. For those that don't want to look it up, the last four coaches prior to Persinger all have losing records during their time at Bracken County. Does that mean they're losing coaches? Not in my mind. Especially speaking of Robert Hammonds, who went on from Bracken to coach a state tournament team in West Jessamine. So he can obviously coach. Yet at Bracken County, he didn't have the same success that he would later experience. But he was still a very good basketball coach. You can say the same for Jay Fite, IMO.

Yet Persinger takes over & up to this point, is about 10 games over .500 for his coaching career at Bracken County. Has the team struggled this year? You bet. But what is it about the program that leads you to believe it's on the downhill swing? What are the sterling accomplishments from Bracken County's history that brings you to the conclusion that Chad Persinger & his staff are not meeting expectations in the here-and-now?

I too have watched Bracken County basketball, and for quite a bit longer than fifteen years. And here's what I have seen during that time. I've seen teams that are typically average at best. I feel comfortable in saying that, and I don't feel like I'm being negative toward the program at all, because I'm an alum & at one time donned the Polar Bears uniform. I love Bracken County sports & that love will never die.

As Pi mentioned, we are a public, Class A school. There have been some teams here and there that reached pretty impressive success. The 1997-98 & 1998-99 teams come to mind, mainly because the former was the last BC team to win the Boys Class A & the latter was the last to win a District Championship.

All Blue pointed out in a previous thread (the one linked above) the records of BC coaches over the last several years. For those that don't want to look it up, the last four coaches prior to Persinger all have losing records during their time at Bracken County. Does that mean they're losing coaches? Not in my mind. Especially speaking of Robert Hammonds, who went on from Bracken to coach a state tournament team in West Jessamine. So he can obviously coach. Yet at Bracken County, he didn't have the same success that he would later experience. But he was still a very good basketball coach. You can say the same for Jay Fite, IMO.

Yet Persinger takes over & up to this point, is about 10 games over .500 for his coaching career at Bracken County. Has the team struggled this year? You bet. But what is it about the program that leads you to believe it's on the downhill swing? What are the sterling accomplishments from Bracken County's history that brings you to the conclusion that Chad Persinger & his staff are not meeting expectations in the here-and-now?

:clap:

All Blue pointed out in a previous thread (the one linked above) the records of BC coaches over the last several years. For those that don't want to look it up, the last four coaches prior to Persinger all have losing records during their time at Bracken County. Does that mean they're losing coaches? Not in my mind. Especially speaking of Robert Hammonds, who went on from Bracken to coach a state tournament team in West Jessamine. So he can obviously coach. Yet at Bracken County, he didn't have the same success that he would later experience. But he was still a very good basketball coach. You can say the same for Jay Fite, IMO.Yet Persinger takes over & up to this point, is about 10 games over .500 for his coaching career at Bracken County. Has the team struggled this year? You bet. But what is it about the program that leads you to believe it's on the downhill swing? What are the sterling accomplishments from Bracken County's history that brings you to the conclusion that Chad Persinger & his staff are not meeting expectations in the here-and-now?

What about Coach Breeze?:D

Not touching that one.

And I don't think we should. Didn't he leave Bracken for Bath--a different, public, Class A school?

Just trying to get a chuckle out of you, you seemed to have went all serious on me on this thread:scared:, thing about it is that everyone has an opinion