Boone County 68 Notre Dame 63

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The crew was Burkhart, Cole, and Scully. Seemed to me neither coaching staff or fan base was very happy with the officiating.

Has there ever been a Boone County game where the fans were happy with the officiating? Or any other school's fans for that matter. Just read the threads and try to find one with more than 10 posts in a close game where no one complained about the refs. It gets old.

ND shot 42.4% for the game but cooled off after shooting 50% the first half. Boone shot 41.2%. Big difference was on the boards where Boone outdid ND by a 35-16 margin (not counting team rebounds). The Lady Rebels front line of Moss (11), Nash (11), and Hill (7) accounted for 29. Boone had 17 offensive rebounds and that led to 19 second chance points as compared to just 2 SCP for ND.
Boone did dominate the boards. NDA will have to find a way to overcome the loss of Brannen. She has been a presence on the boards for the Pandas for the past 3 seasons.

Has there ever been a Boone County game where the fans were happy with the officiating? Or any other school's fans for that matter. Just read the threads and try to find one with more than 10 posts in a close game where no one complained about the refs. It gets old.

You seem to be inferring Boone County complains about the officiating. My post said that it seemed both fanbases and coaching staffs were unhappy with the officiating. So far in this thread no one from either team has said anything else.

My intent was to name the crew to see if anyone knew anything about them, since the original post said big games bring out a strong crew and I don't know any of the local officials.

By the way, I did a little quick research on Boone County threads for close games and couldn't find any that fit your description. Could you find an example so we can see what you mean?

You seem to be inferring Boone County complains about the officiating. My post said that it seemed both fanbases and coaching staffs were unhappy with the officiating. So far in this thread no one from either team has said anything else.

My intent was to name the crew to see if anyone knew anything about them, since the original post said big games bring out a strong crew and I don't know any of the local officials.

By the way, I did a little quick research on Boone County threads for close games and couldn't find any that fit your description. Could you find an example so we can see what you mean?

Sorry, I was thinking I was in the boys game thread when I posted that.

Advice to all Coaches, Players and Refs. ALWAYS ignore people in the stands and NEVER enter into a verbal sparing match with them. It's a lose, lose.

Absolutely great advise! But sometimes the people in the stands cross the line from razzing to nastily personal and that can lead to problems (let me quickly qualify that to "some" of the people in the stands because I think most have the decency and common sense to keep things at a reasonable level). When you do that in front of a coach's, player's, or ref's family then things can get dicey. My understanding is Dean Fookes left the bench to prevent such a situation from escalating.

Nell and Dean Fookes have been around long enough to have seen and heard it all and deal with it for what it is worth. Young family members may not have. And they shouldn't have to. When fans carry things to the nasty personal level they are certainly looking for trouble and may well find more that they want. So a bit of advise to "the people in the stands"........keep it reasonable, keep it clean, keep it within the bounds of common decency. To do otherwise can be also be a lose, lose.

Absolutely great advise! But sometimes the people in the stands cross the line from razzing to nastily personal and that can lead to problems (let me quickly qualify that to "some" of the people in the stands because I think most have the decency and common sense to keep things at a reasonable level). When you do that in front of a coach's, player's, or ref's family then things can get dicey. My understanding is Dean Fookes left the bench to prevent such a situation from escalating.Nell and Dean Fookes have been around long enough to have seen and heard it all and deal with it for what it is worth. Young family members may not have. And they shouldn't have to. When fans carry things to the nasty personal level they are certainly looking for trouble and may well find more that they want. So a bit of advise to "the people in the stands"........keep it reasonable, keep it clean, keep it within the bounds of common decency. To do otherwise can be also be a lose, lose.
When you have stands on two sides, as Boone does, then it would be advisable to keep all fans from each team separated. These "big rivalry" games are intense from players, coaches and definately fans. I hear it all the time from the stands. I don't condone the things I hear but it is part of the nature of the contest. People get worked up and target everybody and anybody. Makes for some of my favorite pictures. Nell is a very passionate coach, I have seen her interact with opposing fans on many occasions which always elevates the situation, I don't think that this is wise but it is her choice. If everyone stays to their perspective sides of the court nothing happens. Nell can handle herself and if it gets personal she can ask to have a fan evicted. Asking fans to remain civil is just not going to be effective. From the first tip to the final horn fans are in the twilight zone, and after the final horn civility returns. Saw this earlier in the season when NCC played Brossart (boys), I thought the fans who packed Lloyd gym were going to riot after the game because throughout the contest they bantered back and forth. Horn sounds and they all met at the end of the gym and wished each other Christmas tidings. It is a great game and the reason we love it is it does evoke some deep emotions which creates the fanatical reacitons in close games. Bottom line Yell, scream, stomp and by all means applaud the victors, it is a great game.

I'm curious, Clyde, is that tongue in cheek that neither side seemed happy or that they would feel that way with that crew? As I said, I know nothing about them and was curious if anyone else did.

I should have made clear , Frank, that my comment was not aimed at you.

It was being sarcastic. To answer your question you posed, yes, it was a strong crew. If I see any of those 3 walk out for a game I'm comfortable. I may not agree with all of their calls but I know it's going to be a well-called game.