Boone County 68 Notre Dame 63

Not she. He. Something to do with comments a fan was making.

The onus is on the adult who decided to yell at Boone's coach. While you would hope cooler heads would prevail I completely understand an 18-yr-old kid defending his mom.

While Panda is right that the game adds intensity to the fans that doesn't excuse a fan yelling at a coach, player, or official.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The onus is on the adult who decided to yell at Boone's coach. While you would hope cooler heads would prevail I completely understand an 18-yr-old kid defending his mom.

While Panda is right that the game adds intensity to the fans that doesn't excuse a fan yelling at a coach, player, or official.

Advice to the son. You probably should sit on the other side of the gym next time and not on the side designated for the visiting team. People are going to talk garbage, it's inevitable and goes with the territory.

Don't have rabbit ears while on the court, focus on your job - player, coach and/or ref.

Of course the above is true. However, this wasn't the case of a coach having rabbit ears. This was Jr getting mad at an NDA parent for yelling something at his mom.

WOW. this is highschool girls basketball. Why are parents yelling comments about opposing coaches?? There is some serious frustration if your behaving this way at a highschool game. Funny part, most these kids don't give a second thought about a bad call or whatever the case maybe once they walk off the court. People, seriously need a reality check.

I should have made clear , Frank, that my comment was not aimed at you.

It was being sarcastic. To answer your question you posed, yes, it was a strong crew. If I see any of those 3 walk out for a game I'm comfortable. I may not agree with all of their calls but I know it's going to be a well-called game.

Oh I didn't think you were aiming anything at me, Clyde, I was just curious if you had a take on the crew. Appreciate your input!

WOW. this is highschool girls basketball. Why are parents yelling comments about opposing coaches?? There is some serious frustration if your behaving this way at a highschool game. Funny part, most these kids don't give a second thought about a bad call or whatever the case maybe once they walk off the court. People, seriously need a reality check.

Sorta in line with my thinking. I certainly understand the emotion of the game, anyone who sits near me (anywhere near sometimes!) can attest to that! I still feel there are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed even with that emotion and involvement in the game. But, when you take things to a nasty, personal level, that, IMHO, simply exceeds the limits of good taste. Even with emotions high there should be a modicum of decency. that is maintained.

This entire post testifies to the good, bad, and ugly about sports. An excellent game between two fine teams, both with pasionate people playing, coaching, and spectating. However it happens, though, many times reasonably sane people do some of the most stupid, regretable, and embarrassing things in the heat of the game, acts they would probably never commit under normal circumstances. Go figure. It can't be excused, but it happens - unfortunately.

Sorta in line with my thinking. I certainly understand the emotion of the game, anyone who sits near me (anywhere near sometimes!) can attest to that! I still feel there are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed even with that emotion and involvement in the game. But, when you take things to a nasty, personal level, that, IMHO, simply exceeds the limits of good taste. Even with emotions high there should be a modicum of decency. that is maintained.
I agree with your post 100%. But sometimes emotions get the best of everyone. I hope that we can focus on the fact that this was a Great game to watch and the young ladies from these two teams left everything they had on the floor on Friday. This should not be overshadowed by the actions of coaches or fans.

I agree with your post 100%. But sometimes emotions get the best of everyone. I hope that we can focus on the fact that this was a Great game to watch and the young ladies from these two teams left everything they had on the floor on Friday. This should not be overshadowed by the actions of coaches or fans.

!00% agreement from me. And the incident being discussed was the only negative one I'm aware of.

The most amazing stat of this game was that two players were able to score a combined total of 64 points. They both were being defended aggressively by very good defenders. To be able to score this many points really says something. Trust me nothing came easy for Ms. Moss(33) or Ms. Voskuhl(31), they clearly earned them and to me they both were very unselfish in the process. Congrats to both players and congrats to Boone on the win.

The most amazing stat of this game was that two players were able to score a combined total of 64 points. They both were being defended aggressively by very good defenders. To be able to score this many points really says something. Trust me nothing came easy for Ms. Moss(33) or Ms. Voskuhl(31), they clearly earned them and to me they both were very unselfish in the process. Congrats to both players and congrats to Boone on the win.
Agreed! Both young ladies had outstanding games.

You would think! I was lucky enough to get the night off so I traveled up to Boone to watch this game. It was a great game between two of the best teams in the 9th Region. I was really disappointed in the officiating to be honest with you. I felt like they really let the fact that this was a huge 9th Region game they let it play out way toooo much. I dont like complaining about officiting because I was one myself back in the day. I know it wasnt Burke but one of the other guys was AWFUL! In the first half he started off being really one sided against Boone and he called a really cheap foul on Nash in the first qtr. ANd by the look on Coach Fookes face it seemed like she knew it was going to be one of thsoe nights. From my angle when Moss went down she was clearly fouled but with a stong player like her she often doesnt get a lot of calls and I think she has adjusted her play accordingly. Seems like after she returned they desided to protect her a little more. NDA was also getting a hard way to go on calls. A few pretty cheap fouls here and there and when they did get called for them it seemed to be them making up for not calling a previous one. I enjoyed watching Moss play as I do every time and it was nice to see how much Voskuhll has improved. If there was an award for most improved player from last year then she has my vote. Really improved her game by adding that mid range jumper. Seem to catch Boone off guard and she lit it up. Also congrats to Miss Moss I saw her accept an award from her fellow Seniors for becoming the all time leader at Boone which from what I heard was in place sine '98? Seems like with all the teams Coach Fookes has had and that record stood for that long. Moss with 12 reg season games left will probably set the mark high enough so that it wont be touched for a while if ever. Great game to go watch and the 9th Region tourney this year seems like its building up to be one for the ages!

You would think! I was lucky enough to get the night off so I traveled up to Boone to watch this game. It was a great game between two of the best teams in the 9th Region. I was really disappointed in the officiating to be honest with you. I felt like they really let the fact that this was a huge 9th Region game they let it play out way toooo much. I dont like complaining about officiting because I was one myself back in the day. I know it wasnt Burke but one of the other guys was AWFUL! In the first half he started off being really one sided against Boone and he called a really cheap foul on Nash in the first qtr. ANd by the look on Coach Fookes face it seemed like she knew it was going to be one of thsoe nights. From my angle when Moss went down she was clearly fouled but with a stong player like her she often doesnt get a lot of calls and I think she has adjusted her play accordingly. Seems like after she returned they desided to protect her a little more. NDA was also getting a hard way to go on calls. A few pretty cheap fouls here and there and when they did get called for them it seemed to be them making up for not calling a previous one. I enjoyed watching Moss play as I do every time and it was nice to see how much Voskuhll has improved. If there was an award for most improved player from last year then she has my vote. Really improved her game by adding that mid range jumper. Seem to catch Boone off guard and she lit it up. Also congrats to Miss Moss I saw her accept an award from her fellow Seniors for becoming the all time leader at Boone which from what I heard was in place sine '98? Seems like with all the teams Coach Fookes has had and that record stood for that long. Moss with 12 reg season games left will probably set the mark high enough so that it wont be touched for a while if ever. Great game to go watch and the 9th Region tourney this year seems like its building up to be one for the ages!

Point of interest. To this point in this thread there have been 44 posts. The first 13 were about the game. After that ONLY two were. The rest were about refs and fans. Waste of time.