Anyone invest in Gold or Silver?

HT721

I went through ebay. I just stuck with dealers who basically only dealt with coins and had as close to 100% feedback as I could find. It takes time and patience to get some on ebay though. I got a fireproof safe for Christmas and store mine in there. Another option is to buy gold or silver mining stocks

The dow is only up 5.05% YTD.

5 year return on the Dow - (-1.47%)

5 year return on Gold - 156.09%

5 year return on Silver - 127.9%

My return included dividends. Yours doesn't. My main reason for pointing that out is to show where the returns are this year and because I am sure many people think the Dow has lost a lot this year due to all the turmoil and the daily news reports of impending disaster. The key question at hand for HT is what do you expect in gold, silver etc. going forward. What do you expect in the next 5 years for gold and silver?

My return included dividends. Yours doesn't. My main reason for pointing that out is to show where the returns are this year and because I am sure many people think the Dow has lost a lot this year due to all the turmoil and the daily news reports of impending disaster. The key question at hand for HT is what do you expect in gold, silver etc. going forward. What do you expect in the next 5 years for gold and silver?

Exactly. I'm scared that it may be a bad time to buy in because prices may drop some. I know fear is what is spiking the gold and silver market right now, and I'll be honest it's why I'm interested in investing in gold and silver.

Everything I have read has silver skyrocketing in the next few years. Obviously that may or may not happen. A lot depends on how the dollar does as well.

The prices of both gold and silver are near historic highs, although they have dropped some recently. My gut instinct tells me that these commodities are inflated and that there is going to be a fall in the not too distant future. Nevertheless, I could see owning some as a small portion of your investment portfolio for diversification purposes. Like anything else, you should never have all your eggs in one basket.

The prices of both gold and silver are near historic highs, although they have dropped some recently. My gut instinct tells me that these commodities are inflated and that there is going to be a fall in the not too distant future. Nevertheless, I could see owning some as a small portion of your investment portfolio for diversification purposes. Like anything else, you should never have all your eggs in one basket.

I can't speak for gold, but the supply of silver is constantly outpacing the supply. Thus making it a valuable commodity since it has so many industrial uses.