If LSU Loses To 'Bama?

doubledeuce

It hasn't happened in the BCS era, but it's happened before. #3 Florida whipped #1 FSU in the 1996 Surgar Bowl to win a consensus National Championship. This after FSU beat Florida in the final regular season game.

Yeah, we mentioned that one in one of thse threads. Actually happened in the Rose Bowl to the Michigan State Spartans after the '65 season and I believe the '75 Buckeyes vs. UCLA.

But this is the BCS era. This is what makes it different IMO. IN those days, bowl ties had a lot to do with it, now it's up to a computer/committee.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play your schedule and season. Then you qualify for a bowl, this is called the new season, the old season is completed. Just like most sports. Now the teams that made their bowls play the game. And all the stuff in the past in just that, in the past. We don't sit around crying about this and that.

So as a member/fan of the team in the main title game, if we win, we have won the Championship. BCS rules are inforced.

If LSU wins we thank our team for getting there and give huge congratuations to LSU for a great year and job well done.

You play your schedule and season. Then you qualify for a bowl, this is called the new season, the old season is completed. Just like most sports. Now the teams that made their bowls play the game. And all the stuff in the past in just that, in the past. We don't sit around crying about this and that.

So as a member/fan of the team in the main title game, if we win, we have won the Championship. BCS rules are inforced.

If LSU wins we thank our team for getting there and give huge congratuations to LSU for a great year and job well done.

Be honest Larry, would you feel the same way if the Tide had won the first one and you were looking at a loss to a team you've already beaten as being a Just Championship?

The people who don't want Bama in the title game are wearing out the "they had their chance and lost!" line. OK St had their chance too. If they beat Iowa State (a much easier task than beating LSU), then they're in.

Why should Oklahoma State's loss to Iowa State matter less than Bama's loss to LSU?

This

Be honest Larry, would you feel the same way if the Tide had won the first one and you were looking at a loss to a team you've already beaten as being a Just Championship?
Thats what I wrote, the season is over the Bowl Season starts on the 17th, and ends on the 9th. We made it as one of the two teams and if we made it as the # 1 team and lost, whose to blame. At kick off that nite no one player/coach/fan is thinking about november 5th. Over two months ago.

I think whoever wins this game is the winner of it all no questions asked. LSU beat Bama on that given day and if you watched the game it was hard not to believe Bama had the better team. LSU's run is amazing really. End of the day you play the regular season to play in the National Championship Game. The one that's for all the marbles. Whoever wins it wins it all IMO. You know that going in. Doesn't matter how close I don't think.

I think whoever wins this game is the winner of it all no questions asked. LSU beat Bama on that given day and if you watched the game it was hard not to believe Bama had the better team. LSU's run is amazing really. End of the day you play the regular season to play in the National Championship Game. The one that's for all the marbles. Whoever wins it wins it all IMO. You know that going in. Doesn't matter how close I don't think.

The two teams are virtually even, IMO, and at least a notch above the rest of the country.

LSU has one QB we will be looking at, not two as before. we will stop the run and focus on JJ passing the Ball, trent will lose the heisman and will be very upset. He never gets mad. Kids play to win for Trent. I hope he loses the Heisman.

LSU if they score a TD it will be from a punt/Kick Of return, Honey man is very good and I like watching him play. I see us scoring at least 3 Tds and a FG. Final pick on the 8th. but, we are no Georgia.