Who are the Original "Cake Eaters"

I had always believed that the Highlands Bluebirds were the original "Cake Eaters", But after hearing a lot of post saying that the Cov Cath Colonels were the the real "Cake Eaters", I was just wondering does anyone really know, Who are the Oringinal "Cake Eaters"? And how far back in History, does this thing go??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always grown up with Highlands being called the Cake Eaters by CovCath. I don't think I've ever been called a cake eater, and never heard other schools saying it to our student section as a whole either.

I've heard alot of other older people in different post saying Cov Cath was the "Cake Eaters"!!!

I was told(by a Highlands guy) it all went way back and that Highlands used to send their oppenents cup cakes before the game. Now I'm not from northern Ky so I could be way out in left field, but is that what you are talking about?

That is what he is talking about in general, but I dont know if that story is true or not becasue I have heard a few stories about it's origin myself.

Well, I know when I played football for Russell in 1981.....As we were driving through town on our way to play Highlands in the State Semis, Almost all the store fronts had "Cake" written on them. everywhere you looked cake, cake, cake.....

31-14 and 4 quarters later, we were cake eaters too.....And again the next year.