Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will play QB for Dixie this week?

Featured Replies

I wondered the same. I see no "Stegners" on the roster.

 

Word is there is a bit of history there.

 

There was one last year.

  • Replies 275
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there has been much discussion and maybe some speculation here. I have no idea what happened. I do believe Zeke is his own worst enemy. I do know his antics during a basketball game last year, was not received well by our fans. Damage control is in full force I'm sure. There is much at stake with this situation, and there are no winners. There is a drug test that will detect synthetic marijuana, it does however, need to be administered within 72 hours. If wrong was done, the written rules of the school hand book, and the law should be adhered to. Position, potential, name, or what ever should not be considered. All need to be based completely on the merits of the alleged activities. Lessons learned, are not always easy lessons. Whether it be a star scholar, star athlete, or the student that's troubled. Adhere to the rules and laws that govern the issues, and let the chips fall where they may. I do however hope this is just a minor situation for all involved. I don't believe in special treatment though.

Sorry misread the comment....

 

However if I believed my son and he indeed passed a lie detector test, I would be screaming and hollering through an attorney to the newspapers and would have had my attorney with a court order telling the school that my son was indeed playing in the game!

If any of this is remotely true then why only 1 game?

This was the lead story on Channel 5 News at 5:00.

 

Does Mrs. Stegner have a kid on the team? Her comments will not be well received by the Pikes.

 

And who cares what the Pikes think? His parents are a big part of the problem. They are harvesting the crops they started planting years ago. The kid has been a selfish arrogant jerk sine the first time I saw him play in the NKYFL.

It is a very sad day when a certain Northern Kentucky High School Football Team has it's players call a meeting with the coaches to discuss a situation involving one of their players using an illegal substance prior to games and basically say they will not play with him anymore. Maybe a little school prayer might help. This is not only a lose for the team, but Northern Kentucky as well. Support your team.

 

That may be, but you have to give it up for those athletes who had enough of the shenanigans to call a meeting with the coaches and want him removed. "Sometimes you Just gotta cut a man loose." If this is in fact true, sounds like they came together as a team, albeit a little late.

Exactly. Because it's not true. If it were true he would be kicked off the team. And he's not.

If any of this is remotely true then why only 1 game?
Exactly. Because it's not true. If it were true he would be kicked off the team. And he's not.

 

I'm sure it's just an excused absence so he can go to the Auburn/Florida game... :rolleyes:

There was one last year.

 

Mrs. Stegner's son was on the team last year. I know her husband from high school and he is very anti-Pike. I couldn't tell you the reasons why they don't like him but having a son on the team last year, I'm sure they have their reasons. Whether those reasons are valid, I do not know.

That's teaching the kid a lesson, lets take him to Florida to watch a football game![/quote

Exactly what I was thinking!! I hope his parents are making him stay home for a good, long time.

The goofy statement about passing a polygraph test is not true. There is major damage control going on and it is showing up on this site. You can look at some of the posters and they have 1 or 2 posts. This is a mess, much more to it will come out shortly.

Everyone is well aware of this individuals past and it is not pretty. There will be more shortly. Not good. I felt I needed to speak up here just like the kids who have had to deal with this player for four years. How embarrassing to his family.

 

se se, welcome to the jungle. Congrats on your 1st post. By the way, what's a picture of my wife doing as your Avatar.lol

For what it's worth, I've spoken with a friend of mine who works in the Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney's office, and both Kenton and Boone County authorities are aware of the situation.

 

The substance in reference is called K2: a synthetic marijuana. It was outlawed in Kentucky, along with certain types of bath salts, this past spring. Sounds like laws have clearly been broken.

I have tried to stay quiet on this subject, as I probably know to much to really get involved without setting off fires all over the place. I do want to say one thing and be done with it.

 

The line of thinking that he is a kid, and is going to make mistakes is 100% correct. The problem is these mistakes have been piling up for quite some time, and have continued with no consequence. When that happens the level of "mistakes" continues to elevate and we get to where this situation is right now. It is a sad commentary on what happens when a kid is elevated to "meal ticket" status by those who should be looking out for his best interest long term and not trying to sweep everything that happens under the rug in an attempt to further the hype machine. I see it all the time in the recruiting world, and this one just happens to be close to home.

 

The plain and simple point of the matter is becoming more clear by the day with Pike. If these type of actions were put in check from the start two and three years ago, the odds of things getting to this point would have been drastically reduced. Top to bottom his mistakes were buried 10 feet deep at every turn, and as a kid of course you are going to continue to elevate your defiance with each wrongdoing that is excused. The ADULTS around him need to take a long hard look in the mirror at what they have created, and potentially destroyed in the process...

I have tried to stay quiet on this subject, as I probably know to much to really get involved without setting off fires all over the place. I do want to say one thing and be done with it.

 

The line of thinking that he is a kid, and is going to make mistakes is 100% correct. The problem is these mistakes have been piling up for quite some time, and have continued with no consequence. When that happens the level of "mistakes" continues to elevate and we get to where this situation is right now. It is a sad commentary on what happens when a kid is elevated to "meal ticket" status by those who should be looking out for his best interest long term and not trying to sweep everything that happens under the rug in an attempt to further the hype machine. I see it all the time in the recruiting world, and this one just happens to be close to home.

 

The plain and simple point of the matter is becoming more clear by the day with Pike. If these type of actions were put in check from the start two and three years ago, the odds of things getting to this point would have been drastically reduced. Top to bottom his mistakes were buried 10 feet deep at every turn, and as a kid of course you are going to continue to elevate your defiance with each wrongdoing that is excused. The ADULTS around him need to take a long hard look in the mirror at what they have created, and potentially destroyed in the process...

 

Agree 110%.....:thumb:

If any of this is remotely true then why only 1 game?

 

Because Tibbs and the administration don't have the gonads to stand up to the Pike's. You can bet if it was the defiant/troublemaker student from a family with lesser status or means, he would have been dismissed. The other two students should be thankful Pike was involved or they probably would have been dismissed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.