November 3, 201114 yr I'd be hesitant to accuse/question the coaches. It's not like the boys were sitting in the middle of the lockerroom with a hookah in their hands. The fair question to ask is how did they leave the rest of the team and not be noticed?Exactly. "Hey, has anybody seen our quarterback? I know we had one when we got off the bus."
November 3, 201114 yr Zeke will be honored at Dixie next week by the US Army All-American Bowl. Be All That You Can Be!
November 3, 201114 yr Sadly Pike's name will not be equated or remembered for his on the field and court performances.(good or bad) He will be remembered for the off the field situations. He has become the Chris Henry of NKY HS football. Truly a sad situation. I feel for his family. However the true victims in this are his teammates and to some extent his coaches. I hope they come out and have a great game this weekend. That's fine if you do, however, I do not. If it were a one time incident with Zeke, then maybe I would feel for them, but it is clear that it is not. I, along with most everyone else on here have done questionable things while in school. If I got caught there was punishment of some sort and I didn't make the wrong decision again. I don't know the Pike's personally but for those of you that do, has there been any punishment for past behavior's? Did he drive to school this week or have his cell phone with him? I don't know but if it were my kid I can guarantee he wouldn't and that would just be for starters. My kids may think I'm too strict at times but when they meet other parents and the parents tell me how I should be lucky to have such good kids, then I feel justified that my wife and I are doing a good job. My kids aren't perfect but when they mess up they know there are consequences. Zeke, grow up and don't throw your good fortunes away!
November 3, 201114 yr When things happened as they did the Principle send out letters to all of the parents. Bama Fans are responding to this too, they were hoping Zeke makes it to Auburn. No one likes to see kids make this type of mistakes, and I feel bad for him and people who care about him. To smoke anything and in the locker room you must show no concern for anyone else. I turned down drinking/smoking anything because I loved playing ball so much.
November 3, 201114 yr That's fine if you do, however, I do not. If it were a one time incident with Zeke, then maybe I would feel for them, but it is clear that it is not. I, along with most everyone else on here have done questionable things while in school. If I got caught there was punishment of some sort and I didn't make the wrong decision again. I don't know the Pike's personally but for those of you that do, has there been any punishment for past behavior's? Did he drive to school this week or have his cell phone with him? I don't know but if it were my kid I can guarantee he wouldn't and that would just be for starters. My kids may think I'm too strict at times but when they meet other parents and the parents tell me how I should be lucky to have such good kids, then I feel justified that my wife and I are doing a good job. My kids aren't perfect but when they mess up they know there are consequences. Zeke, grow up and don't throw your good fortunes away! What if your son says he did not do it? What if the school says we have no proof except a couple of kids saying he did it? What if your son says some of the players used this as a chance to get him? How would you handle that? Do you believe your son or kids on the team that you know do not like your son?
November 3, 201114 yr When things happened as they did the Principle send out letters to all of the parents. Bama Fans are responding to this too, they were hoping Zeke makes it to Auburn. No one likes to see kids make this type of mistakes, and I feel bad for him and people who care about him. To smoke anything and in the locker room you must show no concern for anyone else. I turned down drinking/smoking anything because I loved playing ball so much. The Bama fans on Twitter are not exactly being nice to Zeke.
November 3, 201114 yr Mark Pike said in nky article that Zeke will not graduate early, does anyone think that's it's best for him to get away ASAP?
November 3, 201114 yr Mark Pike said in nky article that Zeke will not graduate early, does anyone think that's it's best for him to get away ASAP? He also said that he has talked to Auburn and been "upfront" about it. Good move. He says Zeke decided against graduating early .
November 3, 201114 yr Exactly. "Hey, has anybody seen our quarterback? I know we had one when we got off the bus." Dude, I can't find my quarterback!!!
November 3, 201114 yr What if your son says he did not do it? What if the school says we have no proof except a couple of kids saying he did it? What if your son says some of the players used this as a chance to get him? How would you handle that? Do you believe your son or kids on the team that you know do not like your son? You didn't ask this of me, but I'd like to answer. I would not necessarily believe my son just because he is my son and I love him. Does he have a history of being untruthful to me and others in authority? Has he been in trouble with drugs (or "synthetic" drugs), alcohol or other questionable substances in the past? In my many years of teaching, I have seen parents that defended their kid regardless, and I'm sad to say that some of those kids are no longer with us or are in prison.
November 3, 201114 yr Maybe it was "prescription pot" and the doctor's note will be ready by kickoff tomorrow.
November 3, 201114 yr Does Auburn drop Pike now? He has had a very sub-par season and now this. I think its gonna happen. His dad should jerk a knot in his butt and get his attention. Wonder where he will end up playing fball
November 3, 201114 yr I hope the young man gets his act together and still plays at the next level !!
November 3, 201114 yr Does Auburn drop Pike now? He has had a very sub-par season and now this. I think its gonna happen. His dad should jerk a knot in his butt and get his attention. Wonder where he will end up playing fball The message that needs to be sent is kicking him off the team for good. Seems like Zeke has packed it in already and could probably care less about his Dixie team anymore. Will the infraction bring charges to the 3 players? If I were Auburn I would run as fast as I could from this.
November 3, 201114 yr Does Auburn drop Pike now? He has had a very sub-par season and now this. I think its gonna happen. His dad should jerk a knot in his butt and get his attention. Wonder where he will end up playing fball In the flag league at NKU.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.