November 3, 201114 yr Why in the world would he/they want to get "high" before the game? Makes no sense to me.
November 3, 201114 yr Why in the world would he/they want to get "high" before the game? Makes no sense to me. Allegedly. Why would the school wait till Tuesday to suspend him if on Saturday they believed he had used?
November 3, 201114 yr Everyone, whether they agree or not also needs to realize that the person on legal committed no crime. The synthetic marijuana is legal if your over 18. Yes it is harmful and if they did do it, it shouldn't have been brought to school or done before a game but technically they weren't in the wrong, except for team rules. I would say that the Auburn scholarship will remain in tact based off the LSU case with this same substance. I hope these young men get their priorities in order and learn from this situation.
November 3, 201114 yr Everyone, whether they agree or not also needs to realize that the person on legal committed no crime. The synthetic marijuana is legal if your over 18. Yes it is harmful and if they did do it, it shouldn't have been brought to school or done before a game but technically they weren't in the wrong, except for team rules.Using a substance that is illegal for minors, in the presence of minors and allowing them to partake in it (if that happened) is a crime. And doing so on the premisis of a school -- well, that doubles the problem.
November 3, 201114 yr Using a substance that is illegal for minors, in the presence of minors and allowing them to partake in it (if that happened) is a crime. And doing so on the premisis of a school -- well, that doubles the problem. Do we know if the other 2 are minors? If all 3 were 18 what was the reason for the suspension?
November 3, 201114 yr I'm not smart enough to follow what you're trying to say.In other words, IF that actually happened in the presence of minors, then I think it would be a legal issue. Not saying it did or didn't.
November 3, 201114 yr I almost hate to ask, but who else is out? The other two football players suspended are both seniors at Dixie. They both start on the line for defense and offense. Big loss for Dixie Heights for this weeks upcoming playoff game against Lafayette. The two players suspended are: Blake Withrow Brady Schatzman
November 3, 201114 yr That's a valid point, but do we know if the other 2 are minors? Also if it is legal for adults is there rules/laws that prohibit it on school grounds? I assume there would be something in place similar to alcoholic drinks--legal for adults--illegal for minors not allowed on school grounds. Pretty unfamiliar with the stuff. Anyway you look at it though, it's a bad situation for everyone involved. As for Pike and Auburn, if the Tigers still welcome him, they would have to keep a close eye on him. I've seen he's made some mistakes this past year, maybe getting away from the area will be best for him. I hope he still has his chance to play at AU and he learns from this and comes away a better person.
November 3, 201114 yr Author Everyone, whether they agree or not also needs to realize that the person on legal committed no crime. The synthetic marijuana is legal if your over 18. Yes it is harmful and if they did do it, it shouldn't have been brought to school or done before a game but technically they weren't in the wrong, except for team rules. I would say that the Auburn scholarship will remain in tact based off the LSU case with this same substance. I hope these young men get their priorities in order and learn from this situation. No crime? I am pretty sure smoking on school grounds is not aloud.
November 3, 201114 yr Everyone, whether they agree or not also needs to realize that the person on legal committed no crime. The synthetic marijuana is legal if your over 18. Yes it is harmful and if they did do it, it shouldn't have been brought to school or done before a game but technically they weren't in the wrong, except for team rules. I would say that the Auburn scholarship will remain in tact based off the LSU case with this same substance. I hope these young men get their priorities in order and learn from this situation. Good news is they did not inhale and they would never smoke the real thing that is illegal!
November 3, 201114 yr Zeke is scheduled to be at the Auburn/Florida game Saturday. That's teaching the kid a lesson, lets take him to Florida to watch a football game!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.