Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will play QB for Dixie this week?

Featured Replies

What are they going to write other than he didn't play? No one is going on record nor should they.

 

Link to the story on NKy.com

  • Replies 275
  • Views 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Dixie parent who is also a P.O. contacted Dixie Monday. There is some synthetics that are illegal.

A Dixie parent who is also a P.O. contacted Dixie Monday. There is some synthetics that are illegal.

 

I also thought I heard on the Fox 19 News at 10 last night saying the synthetic marijuana is illegal in Kentucky.

Disappointing for the rest of the team, student body and fans.

Using a substance that is illegal for minors, in the presence of minors and allowing them to partake in it (if that happened) is a crime. And doing so on the premisis of a school -- well, that doubles the problem.

 

If any of you have read the school handbooks in detail, it is "technically" a punishable offense to have even asprin or advil in your possession on school grounds as a student for any reason. During the school day, you must see the school nurse or office admin to take it (with doctors note......not a parent note....) After hours, (ex. athletic events) these rules still apply (granted not strongly enforced, or enforced at all for that matter.) With that said, if Advil is against the rules to have, im sure that this stuff holds a harsher penalty.

Disappointing for the rest of the team, student body and fans.

 

Obviously not disappointing for the 'rest of team.' Twenty-two of them wouldn't have played if they didn't suspend Pike.

I guess that explains his play on the field

 

If he was using an illegal substance prior to games, then I commend the team for their actions. Sounds like Zeke might have really screwed-up. Unfortunitely, he will now have to face the consequences for his actions.

There have never been any consequences for this kid...Zeke has gotten away with way to much over the years..

  • Author

Sounds like bad parenting.

I also thought I heard on the Fox 19 News at 10 last night saying the synthetic marijuana is illegal in Kentucky.

 

The legality of synthetic marijuana confused me so I researched it online. In March 2011, the D.E.A. added five specific variations of synthetic marijuana to it's list of illegal drugs. However, it sounds like a chemist can change the molecule slightly to creat a new chemical that has a similar effect. These boys may have been using a variation that hasn't been specifically banned yet, but that's a fine line to be walking. Best advise is obviously to stay away from any type of synthetic marijuna or "incense" as the products are being marketed.

:lol: at UK#1.

 

That can't be proven and I know plenty kids from good parents who did dumb things. Granted there seems to be a pattern in his behavior but I am not prepared to blame the parents. You gave me a good laugh this morning. One of the reasons I am glad you are on this board. You speak from the heart. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I just can't understand why they would do this. Just complete and total disrespect to the team.

 

 

Get it together fellas. Incense? Come on now. Be smarter.

Exactly, if this was done on school property he should not be permitted to play again. Futhermore, he should be suspended from school. Bringing drugs onto school property, last I heard was very serious.

 

Using a substance that is illegal for minors, in the presence of minors and allowing them to partake in it (if that happened) is a crime. And doing so on the premisis of a school -- well, that doubles the problem.

Yes, the news reporter indicated that synthetic is illegal in KY..

 

I also thought I heard on the Fox 19 News at 10 last night saying the synthetic marijuana is illegal in Kentucky.

This monster has been created because of who he is and his family name..

 

There have never been any consequences for this kid...Zeke has gotten away with way to much over the years..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.