November 3, 201114 yr As far as blaming the parents, we all know families where one child is out of control and their siblings have no issues and the parents are good people, doing the best job possible. At 18, Zeke needs to grow up and take responsibility for HIS actions. For god's sake, Zeke needs to quit giving his family, friends, and school grief! He's on the brink of blowing his future. Here's a good explanation of the substance below. Looks like as mentioned in a previous post, the suppliers change the formula to stay ahead of the law. If the substance was technically not banned and considered an herb, it would be difficult to apply school rules that haven't caught up with the technology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis
November 3, 201114 yr If one is to think no saw anything how do we explain the players going to the coach/principal? Why just now? Why would the coach/principal give in and suspend 3 players for no reason simply because other players said "us or them?" Doesn't make sense. I agree. A lot of this doesn't make sense. That is why I am saying we need to know more. If the three plyers truly did what they are being accused of on here, it seems like the penalty should be more than a one game suspension. When you say the players demanded "us or them" and that is the reason for the suspension, it gives further credibility that the use of contraband may not be the reason for the suspensions.
November 3, 201114 yr I know this is a great topic & it is easy to jump up on a soapbox... Before pointing fingers & placing blame, it is sometimes good to look in the mirror. As adults, our priorities have changed and hopefully we have clear goals and some common sense. What were you doing when you were 16, 17 & 18? How many of us followed every rule / law, or even used a little common sense? If you are telling everyone you never bent the rules, I question your honesty. The only person I know that is that squeaky clean is my wife...(gosh darn it).... I was a juvenile delinquent and I have survived. Some folks just need to learn the hard way. I am not defending anything, he screwed up, face the consequences.... but there are kids (yes, other good athletes, even at the "best" of schools) doing this type of thing at every HS in NKY, they just don't get the press.
November 3, 201114 yr I agree. A lot of this doesn't make sense. That is why I am saying we need to know more. If the three plyers truly did what they are being accused of on here, it seems like the penalty should be more than a one game suspension. When you say the players demanded "us or them" and that is the reason for the suspension, it gives further credibility that the use of contraband may not be the reason for the suspensions. Maybe it's really "at least one game."
November 3, 201114 yr I know this is a great topic & it is easy to jump up on a soapbox... Before pointing fingers & placing blame, it is sometimes good to look in the mirror. As adults, our priorities have changed and hopefully we have clear goals and some common sense. What were you doing when you were 16, 17 & 18? How many of us followed every rule / law, or even used a little common sense? If you are telling everyone you never bent the rules, I question your honesty. The only person I know that is that squeaky clean is my wife...(gosh darn it).... I was a juvenile delinquent and I have survived. Some folks just need to learn the hard way. I am not defending anything, he screwed up, face the consequences.... but there are kids (yes, other good athletes, even at the "best" of schools) doing this type of thing at every HS in NKY, they just don't get the press. 1. I do believe the comment about your wife. 2. I don't think people are as upset about a kid making a mistake as they are about it being a pattern AS WELL AS the issue of him potentially blowing a great opportunity. To your bigger point I wholeheartedly agree. We're way too eager to permanently label kids that do things they shouldn't be doing. Like you, I did some things that were not right nor were they legal. I'll go on record as saying that, like you, I turned our alright.
November 3, 201114 yr Maybe it's really "at least one game." Could be. But it isn't 5 days of school, right?
November 3, 201114 yr 1. Pike nor the other players were caught with or doing anything. There is no proof and the suspensions prove nothing. If there was any knowledge or proof, the players would have been suspended before Tuesday and the suspension would be more than one football game.From what I'm hearing, the person who first brought this to light is not a Dixie player or coach.
November 3, 201114 yr From what I'm hearing, the person who first brought this to light is not a Dixie player or coach. Correct.
November 3, 201114 yr From what I'm hearing, the person who first brought this to light is not a Dixie player or coach. That is one of my problems with this whole matter! Where were the Dixie coaches or support staff at? Why could a non Dixie player, coach, or support staff see something or find something that the Dixie coaches, and or support staff couldn't, or did the Dixie support staff, coaches turn a deaf ear or blind eye to the matter. :idunno: Far too many questions not being addressed in this matter, IMHO.....
November 3, 201114 yr Far too many questions not being addressed in this matter, IMHO..... They're being addressed. Things are just being played close to the chest.
November 3, 201114 yr That is one of my problems with this whole matter! Where were the coaches or support staff at? Why could a non Dixie player coach see something or find something that the coaches, and or support staff couldn't, or did the support staff, coaches turn a deaf ear or blind eye to the matter. :idunno: Far too many questions not being addressed in this matter, IMHO..... I'd be hesitant to accuse/question the coaches. It's not like the boys were sitting in the middle of the lockerroom with a hookah in their hands. The fair question to ask is how did they leave the rest of the team and not be noticed?
November 3, 201114 yr They're being addressed. Things are just being played close to the chest. As they should be.
November 3, 201114 yr I'd be hesitant to accuse/question the coaches. It's not like the boys were sitting in the middle of the lockerroom with a hookah in their hands. The fair question to ask is how did they leave the rest of the team and not be noticed? Okay then, but you get my concern of the those in charge!
November 3, 201114 yr Okay then, but you get my concern of the those in charge! We all have questions. We just don't have a right to know the answers. I'm sure Mr. Tibbs is asking those questions.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.