November 4, 201114 yr I have tried to stay quiet on this subject, as I probably know to much to really get involved without setting off fires all over the place. I do want to say one thing and be done with it. The line of thinking that he is a kid, and is going to make mistakes is 100% correct. The problem is these mistakes have been piling up for quite some time, and have continued with no consequence. When that happens the level of "mistakes" continues to elevate and we get to where this situation is right now. It is a sad commentary on what happens when a kid is elevated to "meal ticket" status by those who should be looking out for his best interest long term and not trying to sweep everything that happens under the rug in an attempt to further the hype machine. I see it all the time in the recruiting world, and this one just happens to be close to home. The plain and simple point of the matter is becoming more clear by the day with Pike. If these type of actions were put in check from the start two and three years ago, the odds of things getting to this point would have been drastically reduced. Top to bottom his mistakes were buried 10 feet deep at every turn, and as a kid of course you are going to continue to elevate your defiance with each wrongdoing that is excused. The ADULTS around him need to take a long hard look in the mirror at what they have created, and potentially destroyed in the process... Very well said he seems to have little to no discipline. Very gifted athlete but you have to have your head on your shoulders to make it in the game of life. I hope he gets it together or Auburn will recruit right over him, theres a new Pike every year, capture your moment kid.
November 4, 201114 yr Wow. I thought the Mike Mitchell situation got ugly. I think this IS an uglier situation than the Mike Mitchell deal.
November 4, 201114 yr I think this IS an uglier situation than the Mike Mitchell deal. I'm not talking about the supposed act vs the transfer. I'm talking about the reaction and pure vitriol.
November 4, 201114 yr No AU fans are blaming us. The above could be saying there are no AU fans blaming Bama fans or the missing comma could be saying NO(to something)! AU fans ARE blaming us. Being that Larry is a Bama guy I'm going with the latter.
November 4, 201114 yr I have tried to stay quiet on this subject, as I probably know to much to really get involved without setting off fires all over the place. I do want to say one thing and be done with it. The line of thinking that he is a kid, and is going to make mistakes is 100% correct. The problem is these mistakes have been piling up for quite some time, and have continued with no consequence. When that happens the level of "mistakes" continues to elevate and we get to where this situation is right now. It is a sad commentary on what happens when a kid is elevated to "meal ticket" status by those who should be looking out for his best interest long term and not trying to sweep everything that happens under the rug in an attempt to further the hype machine. I see it all the time in the recruiting world, and this one just happens to be close to home. The plain and simple point of the matter is becoming more clear by the day with Pike. If these type of actions were put in check from the start two and three years ago, the odds of things getting to this point would have been drastically reduced. Top to bottom his mistakes were buried 10 feet deep at every turn, and as a kid of course you are going to continue to elevate your defiance with each wrongdoing that is excused. The ADULTS around him need to take a long hard look in the mirror at what they have created, and potentially destroyed in the process... As always GT, you've hit the nail on the head.
November 4, 201114 yr I think a drug test would make more sense to prove innocence. I am sure that would be what I would suggest if that was my son and he was innocent. I am tired of hearing all about Zeke Pike and most if it is not complimentary. Can everyone be out to get Zeke or is there truth in it? He's done that also and passed. He volunteered for that also.
November 4, 201114 yr He's done that also and passed. He volunteered for that also. :ohbrother: Has he passed the first stage in the cannonization process? That being a martyr? Please read in an earlier post that the synthetic marijuana is out of your system after 72 hours. So it happened lets say Fri. 7:00. So by Monday the stuff is gone. GT and Clyde are the two best sources IMHO for this subject and everything they saying goes along with everything the Dixie administration is saying. Whether one wants to admit to it or not I think the majority of the people know the truth and know whether or not it fits the personality of the young athlete in question. To bury your head in the sand and say "no way" or try to say well I am not convinced need only read the e-mail sent by the principal.......Obviously he did not name names but the evidence that has been presented both publickly and what I have been told in confidence points that this is true.
November 4, 201114 yr So, Pike has passed drug and lie detector tests that prove he is innocent in this matter. I assume the family had those tests completed as I can't imagine anyone else doing it. That certainly puts a whole new twist on things. For me, it takes me back to the question I posed earlier in the thread - why was Pike not suspended till Tuesday when the incident occurred Friday and the investigation was completed Saturday? Did Pike practice with the team on Monday? I am assuming yes. As PP92 wonders, I don't know if we are going to know the true story on this matter.
November 4, 201114 yr I see nobody else validating whether he did these things or not. I think GT or Clyde would know if this is being floated around.
November 4, 201114 yr The goofy statement about passing a polygraph test is not true. There is major damage control going on and it is showing up on this site. You can look at some of the posters and they have 1 or 2 posts. This is a mess, much more to it will come out shortly. Everyone is well aware of this individuals past and it is not pretty. There will be more shortly. Not good. I felt I needed to speak up here just like the kids who have had to deal with this player for four years. How embarrassing to his family. Sorry for your animosity, but it's 100% true. He's passed a polygraph and drug test. It's a fact.
November 4, 201114 yr Sadly is anyone really surprised by this. Pike thinks he is entitled and has been enabled by to many adults over the years.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.