November 4, 201114 yr I'm not buying this "he passed a polygraph and drug test" story. Who even knows where to go to get a lie detector test done? I find it hard to believe the police would administer such a test in this case as they have far more important things to do. And a drug test? Sure, maybe one of those home tests you can pick up at Kroger. Sometimes I have to laugh out loud at the things I read on here.
November 4, 201114 yr He's done that also and passed. He volunteered for that also.I am sure if all you are saying is true then I am sure the public will be notified. We will see.
November 4, 201114 yr Because Tibbs and the administration don't have the gonads to stand up to the Pike's. You can bet if it was the defiant/troublemaker student from a family with lesser status or means, he would have been dismissed. The other two students should be thankful Pike was involved or they probably would have been dismissed. Can someone tell me what it is that supposedly makes the Pikes untouchable to the Dixie administration? Do they give lots of money? Is it just power and influence because of the dad's status as a former NFL player? Are there younger Pikes coming up through the Dixie system? If Zeke is the only/last one, it would seem the admin wouldn't care at this point and would deal with them however they wanted to. Just wondering, from someone not in the Dixie loop.
November 4, 201114 yr I'm not buying this "he passed a polygraph and drug test" story. Who even knows where to go to get a lie detector test done? I find it hard to believe the police would administer such a test in this case as they have far more important things to do. And a drug test? Sure, maybe one of those home tests you can pick up at Kroger. Sometimes I have to laugh out loud at the things I read on here. Agree. Unless the tests were administered by a third party, they're useless. And polygraph tests have been shown to be very unreliable also. There's a lot on the line - I think it's damage control.
November 4, 201114 yr A few things... 1) IF a polygraph and drug test were passed, I'd be raising a whole lot of hell making sure my son got to play in his final high school football game of his career, possibly. 2) IF the above is true, why is he suspended a game? 3) Even if #1 is true, someone with a squeaky clean past will be given the benefit of the doubt. This thread speaks volumes about his past. 4) It's unfortunate that so much physical talent can be wasted because of lack of mental toughness.
November 4, 201114 yr He took a lie detector test? Are they serious? Why? and Who ran the test? This whole situation is sketchy. If the kid broke the rules, I'm sure there is truth to it, or else we wouldn't be talking about it on here. I don't know why someone would try to frame him for smoking fake weed...
November 4, 201114 yr Can someone tell me what it is that supposedly makes the Pikes untouchable to the Dixie administration? Do they give lots of money? Is it just power and influence because of the dad's status as a former NFL player? Are there younger Pikes coming up through the Dixie system? If Zeke is the only/last one, it would seem the admin wouldn't care at this point and would deal with them however they wanted to. Just wondering, from someone not in the Dixie loop. I don't know why the Dixie admin doesn't stand up to them other than their "stature" in the community. And yes, there is another Pike son coming up.
November 4, 201114 yr :ohbrother: Has he passed the first stage in the cannonization process? That being a martyr? Please read in an earlier post that the synthetic marijuana is out of your system after 72 hours. So it happened lets say Fri. 7:00. So by Monday the stuff is gone. GT and Clyde are the two best sources IMHO for this subject and everything they saying goes along with everything the Dixie administration is saying. Whether one wants to admit to it or not I think the majority of the people know the truth and know whether or not it fits the personality of the young athlete in question. To bury your head in the sand and say "no way" or try to say well I am not convinced need only read the e-mail sent by the principal.......Obviously he did not name names but the evidence that has been presented both publickly and what I have been told in confidence points that this is true. Thank you for your kind words. To be clear I have no clue if anything actually happened. All I know is that something was reported to happen by Cooper that ultimately led to where we are now. I'm extremely curious as to what Dixie based the suspensions on.
November 4, 201114 yr Well, either way the handling of this entire process is a out of control if you ask me. There is just too much "reading between the lines" on this entire situation. As a side note, who wants to see Dixie win this playoff game just to see if Pike will be playing that next week???
November 4, 201114 yr I don't know why the Dixie admin doesn't stand up to them other than their "stature" in the community. And yes, there is another Pike son coming up. If this is true, it's really a sad commentary on Dixie. I mean, if the Pikes were a cash cow, at least I could understand the hesitancy. It wouldn't be right, but at least I could follow the logic of it. But to be intimidated by "stature" (which in my book means to be nice to them just so you can be seen with them) is pretty weak. It means nothing. People are strange...
November 4, 201114 yr We might be a bit hard on Dixie's administration. Zeke has been punished for previous acts at Dixie. They punished him here. Unless you know of specific acts that deemed punishment but Dixie passed then I think we need to cut them some slack.
November 4, 201114 yr At this point and with all of the attention it may be best for the administration that the whole truth is never known publicly. It's obvious something happened that was bad enough to suspend 3 players for the playoff game tonight. The million dollar question is does the punishment fit the crime?
November 4, 201114 yr He did want to play. There is much more that happened after the player/administration meeting on Sat. morning that led to where and how this situation was and is being handeld. There is still much tension in the locker room and at practice over what did or didn't happen, or who said what, Players holding secret meetings leading to players fighting and a divided team. There is alot more to this than what people on BGP have been informed. Hopefully the team can at least come together and play as a TEAM tonight in Lexington. A few things... 1) IF a polygraph and drug test were passed, I'd be raising a whole lot of hell making sure my son got to play in his final high school football game of his career, possibly. 2) IF the above is true, why is he suspended a game? 3) Even if #1 is true, someone with a squeaky clean past will be given the benefit of the doubt. This thread speaks volumes about his past. 4) It's unfortunate that so much physical talent can be wasted because of lack of mental toughness.
November 4, 201114 yr He did want to play. There is much more that happened after the player/administration meeting on Sat. morning that led to where and how this situation was and is being handeld. There is still much tension in the locker room and at practice over what did or didn't happen, or who said what, Players holding secret meetings leading to players fighting and a divided team. There is alot more to this than what people on BGP have been informed. Hopefully the team can at least come together and play as a TEAM tonight in Lexington. There's no doubt in my mind that he wants to play. If Dixie is suspending him based on hearsay, that's a slippery slope. If the players are dictating who plays and who doesn't, that's even more slippery. Regardless if they are right or wrong.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.