Bengals / Browns Week 1

Bengals or Browns?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Bengals or Browns?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bengals having a top 5 defense 2 years ago was the one year wonder. The Browns aren't great but the Bengals are the worst team in the league. Browns 24-10.

The Bengals are not the worst team in the league. Having a rookie QB won't help things though, but they are definitely not the worst team in the league.

The Bengals are not the worst team in the league. Having a rookie QB won't help things though, but they are definitely not the worst team in the league.

We shall see. They are much closer to being the worst team in the league than they are to "possibly" having a top 5 defense. And the quarterback has nothing to do with it, they'd be just as bad with Carson.

Get what? Please show me where I have defended Mike Brown and how he runs the Bengals? In the other thread I never once said Mike Brown does a good job running the organization. My only argument in that thread was the Mike Brown being owner thing for why people don't come is just an excuse. In Cincy when fans believe a team will suck like people believe the Bengals will be horrible, they don't come. It doesn't matter who the owner is here, they don't come. Now if they believe the team will do well and have a shot then they come. It's the same with the Reds even though they have a GM. It took until last year when the Reds started doing well and won the division. To really see attendance go up this year, because people believed the Reds would do well. People still probably will have that belief next year. However if the Reds next year have another year like this, then the year after we will see the attendance start going back down again like it was when they had sucked basically from 95 until last year.. So that was not defending Mike Brown, it just simply stating how things are in this city. It doesn't matter if there is a good owner and GM in place. People only come if they believe a team will do good.

Now in this case I didn't defend Brown here either. So what is the point in saying I will never get that. I mean my thing is you all make it sound like the Browns have this good owner, yet if this was true you would have thought they would have gotten it right by now. So what happens if they still don't do well even though they look like they have a good GM in Holmgren? Is their owner still better just because he hired a GM? Or do they have to win. Or what happens if the Bengals actually are better than the Browns again for the next few years, even though the Browns have a GM and a better owner?..My point is trust I know having a true GM is usually the best way to go. However to go out and say the Browns are on their way up, is just flat out crazy until they do something. They have had this same owner since they have came back and have done nothing. Also as I said the Bengals right now in terms of talent look to have a better chance to be on the up than them, and it's young talent at that too.

Let's talk at the end of the season on this. My bet is that the Browns have a decent season, showing promise for the next season, and the Bengals are a disaster, and unless the coaching and management of the team is changed, the disaster will continue

I wouldn't touch it. Sucker bet

I wouldn't classify that as a sucker bet at all. With that said I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting any action on it. I don't think either team should be favored by 7 against anyone. Usually when the public bets something up like that they are wrong.

I wouldn't classify that as a sucker bet at all. With that said I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting any action on it. I don't think either team should be favored by 7 against anyone. Usually when the public bets something up like that they are wrong.

Just trying to help. Good luck.

We shall see. They are much closer to being the worst team in the league than they are to "possibly" having a top 5 defense. And the quarterback has nothing to do with it, they'd be just as bad with Carson.

They would not be as bad with Carson. Carson does know how to win in this division. Just because Carson didn't end up being an elite QB like a Peyton or Tom Brady like most thought he would be after 2005. Does not mean we had a terrible QB. That is the main problem I see with people, once he ended up not being an elite QB, people were so disappointed they just said he sucks. Everyone wants this elite QB, but didn't see we had a QB we can win with. IMO he could have been a Matt Hasselback type, only difference is Hasselback played in an organization that is run right. We had a QB we could win with and had some success despite the organization he played in. People fail to take into accout that passes me look bad or high or whatever because a person might not have ran a right route at the right depth. You don't have time to wait to see what depth they are going, you have to antipate it and have less than 4 seconds to do that. Some were just bad decisions, and some receivers being wrong. He was not as bad as some of you think, and I already admitted he was not as good as I use to think he was. However he was good enough to help this team win, and had showed that. He would make a big difference on this team.

I have to say, without reservation, that you have officially become the biggest homer I can recall. We had bandit29 and his love affair with Homer Bailey. But you've taken the lead with your man crush on Palmer. Over the top brother.

I have to say, without reservation, that you have officially become the biggest homer I can recall. We had bandit29 and his love affair with Homer Bailey. But you've taken the lead with your man crush on Palmer. Over the top brother.

No I am just someone who see's that we had a decent QB here. Yes he was not great or elite like we thought he may be at first. However just because he ended up not being elite, people said he sucked. He had one bad year really here with the team struggling to with him as the starter. That was last year when he threw for nearly 4000 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 20 picks. But guess what a Super Bowl winning QB also had similar stats last year in Brees. Since Brees had a bad year, that means he sucks? 2009 he did plenty to help them win, even though they were a running team. Lets not forget they were losing the Steelers game, and Ravens games at the end before he drove them down for game winning drives against top 5 defenses. He has done great against the Ravens in his career, and just knows how to win in the division. Yet people act like we can find someone better than him? They trust the guy they say they hate in Mike Brown to find better than him? Yes he is not someone who would carry the team like a Brady or Manning. However he is someone that they could win with, and have won with and at least been competitve with in most years. There is also a reason why other teams who needed a QB wanted him, because he is not a bad QB to have. So yes I am someone who is unlike most people on here and in this City. Most people on here or in this city if someone is not an all star or struggles, they say well that person sucks, we need someone else, etc. The best case with that is withi the 2010 Reds. People at one point wanted 3/4ths of the team traded or sent down because they were no good or whatever. Even though those players ended helping win a division. This city wants all elite people, and can't except when we have someone who might not be elite, but at least good enough that they can win with.