July 11, 201115 yr That's a lot for one year, I agree. However it's not something that has continued to be a problem for the Giants. For the Bengals however, it was 9 in that time span, and 8 more after 2008. And it was just 9 total players arrested in that time frame for the Bengals. If we're counting total arrests, it would be higher since Henry was arrested multiple times. True, but it's not just a Bengals problem it's an NFL problem. The Bengals do stupid things and sign some of those questionable guys because Mike Brown is cheap. They are a little worse than most NFL teams I agree. Jacksonville is well into the double digits in arrests in that time period. It just seems silly to me they get it way worse than other teams. The only reason people look the other way is because those other teams are winning. Other than Jacksonville, they are just irrelevant kind of like the Bengals.
July 11, 201115 yr Looking up all those number had me reading some of the arrest. Man some of these guys are really stupid. :lol:
July 11, 201115 yr True, but it's not just a Bengals problem it's an NFL problem. The Bengals do stupid things and sign some of those questionable guys because Mike Brown is cheap. They are a little worse than most NFL teams I agree. Jacksonville is well into the double digits in arrests in that time period. It just seems silly to me they get it way worse than other teams. The only reason people look the other way is because those other teams are winning. Other than Jacksonville, they are just irrelevant kind of like the Bengals. They get it more because they go out and sign guys that have multiple arrests and then they get arrested again. The reason like you said is b/c brown is so cheap. He would rather take the talented trouble makers for cheap than sign big time free agent high character guys. Also, the big time free agent high charchter guys don't want to play for Brown.
July 12, 201115 yr That's a lot for one year, I agree. However it's not something that has continued to be a problem for the Giants. For the Bengals however, it was 9 in that time span, and 8 more after 2008. And it was just 9 total players arrested in that time frame for the Bengals. If we're counting total arrests, it would be higher since Henry was arrested multiple times. And in 2009 they won the division! All those bad characters sure made a difference on winning didn't they? That is my whole point here. I don't care about the semantics, who had more and when they had them. The bottom line is THIS DOES NOT IMPACT WINNING!
July 12, 201115 yr I have heard that PacMan was challenging former UC hoopster Eric Hicks, and that was who he was fighting/arguing with.
July 12, 201115 yr I have heard that PacMan was challenging former UC hoopster Eric Hicks, and that was who he was fighting/arguing with. Was Hicks arrested too?
July 12, 201115 yr I heard nothing about Hicks. I know someone who was directly involved in the "incident" and it was mainly his GF/Wife and some other female. Edited July 12, 201115 yr by HammerTime
July 12, 201115 yr I have a question. IF the players were locked out by the owners, and not under contract and therefore not legally employees, how can the commish/league have any authority over someone who isn't/wasn't an employee of the league at the time of the incident?
July 12, 201115 yr I have a question. IF the players were locked out by the owners, and not under contract and therefore not legally employees, how can the commish/league have any authority over someone who isn't/wasn't an employee of the league at the time of the incident? That will be discussed before there is an agreement and football starts back up. So will just how much power the commish has IMO.
July 12, 201115 yr I have heard that PacMan was challenging former UC hoopster Eric Hicks, and that was who he was fighting/arguing with. Tough assignment fully healthy. Tougher with an injured neck. I heard from a friend that he didn't see Pac Man have one drink, but my buddy wasn't there that long.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.