PacMan Jones Arrested!!!

And they don't get credit for getting rid of Holmes. He was a Steeler for 2 or 3 years following the start of his legal run ins. Holmes started having legal issues in 2006 and the Steelers didn't move him till 2010. So he wasn't moved solely because of his legal issues.

But once again, the point I am trying to make is these player legal problems have virtualy nothing to do with winning or losing like people in the media and fans want to say about the Bengals. The Steelers have had just as many players with legal problems as the Bengals and they keep winning. That is the point I am making.

Why did they get rid of Holmes? They pretty much gave him away less than a week after he was charged. Yes, a 5th round pick for a super bowl mvp in his prime is giving him away.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they get rid of Holmes? They pretty much gave him away less than a week after he was charged. Yes, a 5th round pick for a super bowl mvp in his prime is giving him away.

It wasn't his first run in with the law. I think that's what VOR is saying. The guys that were a part of their success, Reed & Holmes, were given leeway and second chances, whereas the reserves/fringe guys were cut right away.

It wasn't his first run in with the law. I think that's what VOR is saying. The guys that were a part of their success, Reed & Holmes, were given leeway and second chances, whereas the reserves/fringe guys were cut right away.

I agree, but saying that "he wasn't moved solely because of his legal issues", is incorrect...

If he wasn't drinking like he's claiming this could start looking bad for the police. I'm more inclined to believe the police still, but he was falsely hand cuffed and detained in Cincy before.

Falsely hand cuffed and detained? :lol:

If you fit the description of someone who committed a crime and you are in the area of said crime, the police have a right to detain you to find out if you are the person who committed that crime.

Falsely hand cuffed and detained? :lol:

If you fit the description of someone who committed a crime and you are in the area of said crime, the police have a right to detain you to find out if you are the person who committed that crime.

Was it him? Did the Chief issue an apology? Was he arrested?

Also, I said I was siding with the police here. If he wasn't drinking like he and his agent claim, he supposedly asked for a breathalizer but wasn't allowed to take the test they have problems. According to his agent witnesses are backing his side of the story. We shall see.

Since 2008 - 7 Bengals have been arrested.

Since 2008 - 7 Steelers have been arrested.

I am by no means defending the Bengals just posting the numbers.

Why did you choose 2008?

Between 2006 and 2007 NINE different Bengals players were arrested.

Jonathan Joseph - Possession of Marijuana

Deltha O'Neal - DUI

Reggie McNeal - Resisting Arrest

Matthias Askew - Resisting Arrest

Eric Steinbach - DUI (Boat)

Frostee Rucker - Domestic abuse

A.J. Nicholson - Burglary, grand theft

Odell Thurman - DUI

Chris Henry=

x-unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana. First arrest was in December 2005.

LINK

Was it him? Did the Chief issue an apology? Was he arrested?

Also, I said I was siding with the police here. If he wasn't drinking like he and his agent claim, he supposedly asked for a breathalizer but wasn't allowed to take the test they have problems. According to his agent witnesses are backing his side of the story. We shall see.

It does not matter to me if it was him, or if the chief issued an apology. He was not arrested, or falsely detained. He was detained because he fit the description of someone who committed a crime in the area he was in. The police are not perfect. They can't always receive information on a crime, and immediately pick out the suspect in the middle of a big city. Sometimes, they have to stop people who fit the description, and find out if they are the suspect.

He was detained, legally, and released. No harm, no foul. But to insinuate the police did something wrong there imo, is crazy.

It does not matter to me if it was him, or if the chief issued an apology. He was not arrested, or falsely detained. He was detained because he fit the description of someone who committed a crime in the area he was in. The police are not perfect. They can't always receive information on a crime, and immediately pick out the suspect in the middle of a big city. Sometimes, they have to stop people who fit the description, and find out if they are the suspect.

He was detained, legally, and released. No harm, no foul. But to insinuate the police did something wrong there imo, is crazy.

What description was that? Young, black male with short hair. 6' tall, well built? You think he was the only guy in that area that fit the description?

I think you have the facts wrong. I thought they held him because an Adam Jones had a warrant out for his arrest. Either way the chief thought somehow or another the officer made a mistake and issued an apology.

As far as this case if his side of the story is accurate it makes it look like the police have it out for Pac Man. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the police still, but they better hope they have it right.

What description was that? Young, black male with short hair. 6' tall, well built? You think he was the only guy in that area that fit the description?

Right after the game. I'm sure a lot of people walking around would have fit the description. I don't really remember what happened with that but he is still a fool.

I think you have the facts wrong. I thought they held him because an Adam Jones had a warrant out for his arrest. Either way the chief thought somehow or another the officer made a mistake and issued an apology.

As far as this case if his side of the story is accurate it makes it look like the police have it out for Pac Man. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the police still, but they better hope they have it right.

From the witness reports, it doesn't sound like they do, but we will have to just wait and see.

The Giants had SEVEN in 2008. I should have added them to the list. Oh wait they were winning so no one cared.

That's a lot for one year, I agree. However it's not something that has continued to be a problem for the Giants. For the Bengals however, it was 9 in that time span, and 8 more after 2008. And it was just 9 total players arrested in that time frame for the Bengals. If we're counting total arrests, it would be higher since Henry was arrested multiple times.