Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PacMan Jones Arrested!!!

Featured Replies

Let's be honest. The Steelers don't get rid of guys because they've been in trouble with the law. That has very little to do with it. They are just much better than the Bengals realizing when a player can no longer help their team. (Well, the Steelers and the rest of the NFL)

 

If it was for discipline, it would be an all or nothing policy. Meaning Roethlisberger, Harrison, and possibly Ward would be gone...no questions asked.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I misunderstood the Post Gazette article, Hines is claiming he was texting and driving. Which I think is total manure. I think that the Steelers have had the propensity to get rid of guys once they make the comment that they don't want to be there, ala Plaxico Burress more than guys who have had run ins with the law. However, they have tried to steer from drafting such characters for the most part. The Bengals,, is there really a rhyme or reason to them? Pacman is a cancer.

Unless I misunderstood the Post Gazette article, Hines is claiming he was texting and driving. Which I think is total manure. I think that the Steelers have had the propensity to get rid of guys once they make the comment that they don't want to be there, ala Plaxico Burress more than guys who have had run ins with the law. However, they have tried to steer from drafting such characters for the most part. The Bengals,, is there really a rhyme or reason to them? Pacman is a cancer.

 

I'll give you that. They aren't as likely to sign guys like Pacman.

I believe Ben and Harrison are the only ones still on the team, but I'm not for sure.

 

Steelers...

 

Jeff Reed x 2

Matt Spaeth

Hines Ward

Santonio Holmes

Cedrick Wilson

James Harrison

 

Bengals...

 

Adam "Pacman" Jones

Cedric Benson

Maurice Purify

Rey Maualuga

Leon Hall

Ahmad Brooks

Chris Henry

The Steelers have shown that if you are a backup, fringe type player and have a legal issue they will cut you. If you are any kind of key player, the Steelers aren't different from any other team when it comes to cutting problems. See Santonio Holmes and even Jeff Reed. I do agree the Steelers would not sign a player with a history of troubles. Bottom line, this stuff has little to do with whether your team is a winner or loser, unlike what many say about the Bengals concerning this.

Adam Jones is a waste of talent and he will never change. The sooner coaches and organizations learn that the better for the sport.

The Steelers have shown that if you are a backup, fringe type player and have a legal issue they will cut you. If you are any kind of key player, the Steelers aren't different from any other team when it comes to cutting problems. See Santonio Holmes and even Jeff Reed. I do agree the Steelers would not sign a player with a history of troubles. Bottom line, this stuff has little to do with whether your team is a winner or loser, unlike what many say about the Bengals concerning this.

 

The Steelers win and no one cares that's the big difference. They are more strict than the Bengals but most of it is an after thought when you are winning Super Bowls.

The Steelers have shown that if you are a backup, fringe type player and have a legal issue they will cut you. If you are any kind of key player, the Steelers aren't different from any other team when it comes to cutting problems. See Santonio Holmes and even Jeff Reed. I do agree the Steelers would not sign a player with a history of troubles. Bottom line, this stuff has little to do with whether your team is a winner or loser, unlike what many say about the Bengals concerning this.

 

The Steelers got rid of Holmes and Reed, because of their issues. Most believe that is why Steelers never made an attempt to resign Plax.

The Steelers got rid of Holmes and Reed, because of their issues. Most believe that is why Steelers never made an attempt to resign Plax.

 

They do not get credit for cutting Reed because of being arrested. They kept him after the arrests. They cut him after he started sucking and whining about the field.

Pacman is on his last chance with the league, at least that is what I was thinking. I am not saying he is guilty, but this guy seems to always find trouble.

They do not get credit for cutting Reed because of being arrested. They kept him after the arrests. They cut him after he started sucking and whining about the field.

 

They did cut Bam Morris just a couple months after the super bowl. He had only been arrested at that point.

Pacman is on his last chance with the league, at least that is what I was thinking. I am not saying he is guilty, but this guy seems to always find trouble.

 

If guilty, I'd bet a death penalty is coming from the Commish.

If guilty, I'd bet a death penalty is coming from the Commish.

 

If guilty, he probably deserves it.

I would bet that if Pacman gets banned from the league, he will be in prison within two years.

The Steelers got rid of Holmes and Reed, because of their issues. Most believe that is why Steelers never made an attempt to resign Plax.

 

And they don't get credit for getting rid of Holmes. He was a Steeler for 2 or 3 years following the start of his legal run ins. Holmes started having legal issues in 2006 and the Steelers didn't move him till 2010. So he wasn't moved solely because of his legal issues.

 

But once again, the point I am trying to make is these player legal problems have virtualy nothing to do with winning or losing like people in the media and fans want to say about the Bengals. The Steelers have had just as many players with legal problems as the Bengals and they keep winning. That is the point I am making.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.