Collinsworth Starts His Coaching Gig

Clyde

Let's say he remains on board' date=' I see an impact on the players but I agree that I don't think this will be a game changer for the Birds. Hopefully the younger kids will learn alot.[/quote']

My guess is he'd be the first to agree. I get the impression that he loves the game and loves it at the high school level and simply wants to contribute. He has the time and expertise and, more importantly, the right perspective.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cris can get these young receivers to run the type of routes that his son Austin did when he was a Bluebird, then he could possibly have a better impact then some might think. Could make for an even better passing game that is already very, very good.:D

If Cris can get these young receivers to run the type of routes that his son Austin did when he was a Bluebird, then he could possibly have a better impact then some might think. Could make for an even better passing game that is already very, very good.:D

Not only will Cris be helping the recievers , I'm sure he will give some pointers to the HHS defensive backs , as well !

Right on. Beechwood had Max Montoya coaching for a time, Moeller had Munoz for a while...they were nice to have there as coaches, and no doubt they offered great insight, but they didn't re-create the programs or anything.

Uhhhhhh, last I checked Highlands doesnt need re-creating. And I highly doubt Dale needs help continuing his dominance. CC is just another piece to the puzzle and another resource to help Highlands move further and further away from their opponents. I think what Cris brings to the table is something more than just football knowledge. Nobody is saying there is anything at all wrong with Highlands Football. You agree?

I think having Collinsworth on board is a great PR move that Dale is using to draw in more athletes to the program. And we all know that w/o the athletes, you have no program. If I were running the show, I'd be scooping up as many high profile former NFL'rs as I could. Collinsworth is happy to oblige the Highlands Bluebirds.

I think having Collinsworth on board is a great PR move that Dale is using to draw in more athletes to the program. And we all know that w/o the athletes' date=' you have no program. If I were running the show, I'd be scooping up as many high profile former NFL'rs as I could. Collinsworth is happy to oblige the Highlands Bluebirds.[/quote']

WOW!!! IMO, you are soooo far off base it really isn't funny. Seriously!

Sorry Whacky, I am with The Ball Game. You are already assuming Highlands is on the "lookout" for athletes which is absolutely ridiculous to suggest. Highlands is 95% HomeBred no pun intended and doesnt need CC to draw athletes. The program does that as we all know and we also know the 5% or so kids that do come to Ft Thomas is coming for the academics and not the Football.

Maybe to you and many Ft Thomas folks but not to the outside world. I had 3 people in my office today who have kids that go to OHIO schools mention the article and say...."Wow, what a great staff, how could you not want to send your kid there". It is what it is brother....I dont think he decided to be the ambassador for the program but you cant deny it isnt a great PR move to have two former Super Bowl players on the staff.

I think having Collinsworth on board is a great PR move that Dale is using to draw in more athletes to the program. And we all know that w/o the athletes' date=' you have no program. If I were running the show, I'd be scooping up as many high profile former NFL'rs as I could. Collinsworth is happy to oblige the Highlands Bluebirds.[/quote']

No way.

Maybe to you and many Ft Thomas folks but not to the outside world. I had 3 people in my office today who have kids that go to OHIO schools mention the article and say...."Wow, what a great staff, how could you not want to send your kid there". It is what it is brother....I dont think he decided to be the ambassador for the program but you cant deny it isnt a great PR move to have two former Super Bowl players on the staff.

Did those folks not realize this is a temporary gig?

Did those folks not realize this is a temporary gig?

How do you know that? His son has 2 more years and he made it clear that his NBC schedule allows him to be at work on Sunday after the Friday night games. Heck he was up a the field 2 weeks ago on a weekend afternoon throwing routes to 5 or 6 of them. If words gets out that CC is working with the recievers dont you think a parent would be impressed?

How do you know that? His son has 2 more years and he made it clear that his NBC schedule allows him to be at work on Sunday after the Friday night games. Heck he was up a the field 2 weeks ago on a weekend afternoon throwing routes to 5 or 6 of them. If words gets out that CC is working with the recievers dont you think a parent would be impressed?

I guess he can change his mind but he indicated this was just until the season gets started.

No way.

Have to agree with you Clyde. If CC had any inclination or if anyone ever came to Dale and stated the reason their kid was attending Highlands was because of CC then Cris would be the first to say "No Way"

Not his style, he is just simply working gratis to help the kids become better kids and athletes and help build on what Dale is already doing. As much as everyone will try and make this a side distraction and dog and pony show I can assure you that CC will have none of that. This is just Highlands getting better and better and putting real estate between them and the competition. To the naysayers, Dale didnt need CC to win what 8 State Championships in 15 yrs at Highlands to bring attention to the program and make it a premier power. Now, I said it earlier, it doenst hurt on the National level to have CC on board, but no way does he change what Dale is doing in Ft Thomas.