Why are St. X and Trinity so good?

DragonNG73

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Coaching

2) Hard Working ,2 parents involved, kids that care

3) Faith Based methods in the achieveing of their goals.

4) Numbers in practice and extended seasons every year to practice 5 weeks longer than some teams.

5) Coaching

6) Community of Believers in the same goals in life.

7) Academics

8) Dedication to a cause

9) Tradition that runs generations deep and is instilled in the kids from day one of life.

10) Facilities are good.

I'm not going to bring up the word but it does count. However, I feel that the feeder system that is in place for these schools play a part. The same thing goes for Male. The catholic schools and Male are the only schools that have a feeder system that allows those schools to instill the attributes of tradition,loyalty, and pride for their schools from the time they step foot into those schools. From the time you step into a catholic elementary school or a traditional elementary school you know what your end will be. This fact is impressed on them from day one as well as at home what the X,Trinity, Male tradition is all about. Most kids going to other schools within Jefferson County don't get that teaching of tradition until they get to their particular school. I can say from experience most kids that attend other schools don't have the LOVE and PRIDE for their institutions that kids from X,T, and Male have. The coaches at these places TRY to instill these attributes into the kids that choose to come to there schools but it is really difficult to get kids coming from different backgrounds to buy into it.

1) Coaching

2) Hard Working ,2 parents involved, kids that care

3) Faith Based methods in the achieveing of their goals.

4) Numbers in practice and extended seasons every year to practice 5 weeks longer than some teams.

5) Coaching

6) Community of Believers in the same goals in life.

7) Academics

8) Dedication to a cause

9) Tradition that runs generations deep and is instilled in the kids from day one of life.

10) Facilities are good.

1) I agree.

2) I hate this argument. X and T kids work harder? Baloney.

3) Verily, through Christ, are more three-and-outs possible...

4) No kidding.

5) I don't agree this time. I'll let you try and figure that out.

6) Is this another attempt at repetition? Or is this more like, the kids in the stands are praying for touchdowns?

7) C'mon.

8) Once again, X and T kids care more about it than your lazy slob of a noseguard.

9) I agree.

10) How about X gets their own stadium before we start trumpeting facilities?

1) I agree.

2) I hate this argument. X and T kids work harder? Baloney.

3) Verily, through Christ, are more three-and-outs possible...

4) No kidding.

5) I don't agree this time. I'll let you try and figure that out.

6) Is this another attempt at repetition? Or is this more like, the kids in the stands are praying for touchdowns?

7) C'mon.

8) Once again, X and T kids care more about it than your lazy slob of a noseguard.

9) I agree.

10) How about X gets their own stadium before we start trumpeting facilities?

That stadium doesn't beat Manual every year it is their weight room and the coaching. You guys should try some.

1)Might have something to do with double the number of male students in the school compared to other 4A schools.

2)I don't buy the fact that they work harder. I've seen plenty of kids that work hard that don't go to a state championship every year.

3)Population of Louisville has something to do with it.

4)They have good coaches but when you have talent like X & T have you are going to look like a good coach whether you are or not.

5)Facilities don't win games so I'm not going to say that has anything to do with it. (Although facilities do attract top notch athletes to want to play there)

6)I think the faith based schools for the most part have a very tight bond with each other. But I've seen many public schools that have had kids that played together since they were about 9 years old and that didn't automatically put them in a state championship.

Overall I would say that it is the number of athletes that they have to choose from in their school and also the fact that there is open enrollment so they have a bigger area to pull people than some other schools.(Although all Louisville schools are open enrollment so this doesn't apply to an advantage over other Louisville schools.) They are great programs but with the number of kids in the school that are male, they should be!