Prop 8 for gay marriage in Calif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is a judge over ruled what the voters voted in. Voters in calif voted agaisnt gay marriage and all of a sudden a GAY judge comes in a rules it unfair. I dont see straight judges all of a sudden come in a rule agaisnt a gay right.

My friend, if we left it up to the majority when they voted on issue that violated a minorities rights, we would still have slavery, and women would not be able to vote on the topic. While it's not that cut and dry b/c homosexuals aren't officially a minority group, they have been discriminated against SOLELY for the fact their their sexual preferences are different than yours and mine. That is not just, that is not what America was set up to be.

Not a gay basher, I actually have good friends who are gay. I am just angry at our legal system in general. i mean i fyou let a gay judge rule on a gay issue, duh. I am sure a straight judge who is not biased one way or the other would have been a better pick. Not every judge is against gays. still votes should matter adn if people bring them up adn it passes, then it passes. it isnt like gays are not allowed to vote, or go to all straight bars.

So, you'd feel differently if a straight judge had ruled to overturn Prop 8?

How do you find said "straight judge who is not biased one way or the other?"

Do you think a straight judge is automatically unbiased on the subject?

It dont matter, the voters voted for it. If our votes count then any judge should not be able to just come in and say that isnt right. Is 1 mans opinion mean more that the thousands of voters.

anytime a vote is overturned I do not think it is right, shouldnt the majority speak. Why vote now.

I think that you are looking only at the legislative side of the government. You are not looking at the "Checks and Balances" of our government. The judicial system is there to judge the laws that are passed and to decide whether they violate the state's constitution or not once that issue is in controversy.