Harrison Barnes

UKMustangFan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why anyone would declare for the draft with the lockout looming is crazy.

That being said, it is unreal how Ole Roy keeps his kids from going pro. Barnes is an easy top 5 pick. If you are top 5ish you should go.

The lockout won't be until after the draft. Guys that are top 5-10 picks can get some endorsement money coming their way until the lockout is over. It's stupid to not go if you are in the top 5-10 IMO.

OSU may have Sullinger returning. Not sure who else they have returning or what type of class they have coming in?

Buford and Kraft return for OSU and they have another top level recruiting class coming in. They will be very good again.

How about U Conn? Kemba is gone but they are a young team with Lamb and Oriyake and others returning.

What are next year's preseason rankings?

#1 - Carolina

#2 - Kansas

#3 - Kentucky

#4 - Duke

#8 - Louisville

Depending on what guys do, it's hard to tell. If Barnes & Henson both come back, UNC is the overwhelming #1 team. Depending on who comes back for UK, I think they could be #2. Very possible the UNC/UK matchup in December @ Rupp will be the nation's #1 vs. #2 teams.

Don't see the Morris boys coming back, so I'd drop Kansas REAL far. Duke will be solid, but I don't know about top five. A lot depends on who comes back, but I see UNC & UK as being the top dogs for next year.

Buford and Kraft return for OSU and they have another top level recruiting class coming in. They will be very good again.

How about U Conn? Kemba is gone but they are a young team with Lamb and Oriyake and others returning.

I agree on OSU but not UCONN. They will be solid, but probably not in the discussion for Top 10 teams heading into next year.

Said today he is still making a decision...

I've gathere you all here to day to let you know,..... that I've decided.... that I'm not ready to decide. What's you're take GT, I would think the longer a decision takes to be made, the more likely it is that he won't be returning. Alot of money to say you'll just cash in later.

Rankings I saw earlier, assuming the following:

1 UNC - Henson, Barnes, and Zeller come back

2 Texas- Thompson, Brown, Hamilton, Joseph, Kabongo

3 Kentucky- Jones and Knight leave but Lamb, Liggins, and Miller lead next years class.

4 Ohio St- Sullinger, Kraft, Buford, Thomas, and Sibert lead another top recruiting class.

5 Syracuse - lose only Rick Jackson

Others of interest:

11- Xavier

13- Cincinnati

19- Louisville

Not sure how X can be 11. Aren't Canty and Lapham transferring and Tu likely gone for NBA?

What are next year's preseason rankings?

#1 - Carolina

#2 - Kansas

#3 - Kentucky

#4 - Duke

#8 - Louisville

I don't think Kansas will be that good next year.

Rankings I saw earlier, assuming the following:

1 UNC - Henson, Barnes, and Zeller come back

2 Texas- Thompson, Brown, Hamilton, Joseph, Kabongo

3 Kentucky- Jones and Knight leave but Lamb, Liggins, and Miller lead next years class.

4 Ohio St- Sullinger, Kraft, Buford, Thomas, and Sibert lead another top recruiting class.

5 Syracuse - lose only Rick Jackson

Others of interest:

11- Xavier

13- Cincinnati

19- Louisville

Not sure how X can be 11. Aren't Canty and Lapham transferring and Tu likely gone for NBA?

Why does UNC get the "their guys will be back treatment?"

Said today he is still making a decision...

Making a decision on how to invest his money IMO.

I know every situation is different , but the risk of returning versus the reward of another chance at a championship is not worth it.

Weak draft class ( not to say Barnes wouldn't be a lotto pick next year ) and the possibility of an injury of some kind would make the decision easy for me. Get your money while you can. I'd say the same for Knight, Jones and anyone else that has the opportunity.