Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Barnes

Featured Replies

So Roy's hearing information that no one else is? NBA scouts and draft analysts have him in the top 3 everywhere you look.

 

Where do you have that he has told him that he will be picked 5-11?

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Duke message board they are saying that WFNZ is reporting that Barnes is coming back. No one has a link and no one is saying anything on Twitter but it seems as though Barnes is indeed coming back. I am looking for a link now.

On the Duke message board they are saying that WFNZ is reporting that Barnes is coming back. No one has a link and no one is saying anything on Twitter but it seems as though Barnes is indeed coming back. I am looking for a link now.

 

My fingers are crossed...

So Roy's hearing information that no one else is? NBA scouts and draft analysts have him in the top 3 everywhere you look.

 

"The same is true for North Carolina's Harrison Barnes. For Williams and Barnes it just comes down to this: Do they want to get paid and drafted in the top five, or do they really want to return to college and make a run toward a national title in 2012? Arizona and Carolina are contenders with them on the roster. The potential NBA lockout shouldn't affect a decision -- agents can take care of these top picks during this time."

 

Andy Katz

It looks like Katz thinks Roy is telling him he is a top 5 pick, but you probably have closer ties with Roy... :sssh:

This is what I got off of ESPN insider from Chad Ford......dated 4/1/11

 

 

"UNC's Harrison Barnes continues to be on the fence however. He recently had his exit interview with head coach Roy Williams. In the interview Williams told Barnes that he would go somewhere between No. 5 and 11 in the draft, according to a source familiar with the discussion. I think Barnes will go higher -- likely in the Top 3. The bigger question will be whether Barnes wants to return to a loaded UNC team next year to try to win a championship."

Still waiting on official word from Barnes and his decision.

I'm getting the feeling Barnes is set on leaving and trying to talk himself into staying.

Head tells him to go, heart tells him to stay type of thing.

 

In the end, I think he goes. If he were leaning towards staying, I think he would have made an announcement with Zeller and Henson. Either way, I'm excited for the kid, he gets his dream job or he comes back and makes the UK/UNC match up next season even more spectacular.

I'm thinking with Zeller and Henson coming back he is trying to find a reason to not come back. If I were Zeller or Henson and other teammates I would be making it really hard for him to leave. At least trying to anyways.

I'm thinking with Zeller and Henson coming back he is trying to find a reason to not come back. If I were Zeller or Henson and other teammates I would be making it really hard for him to leave. At least trying to anyways.

 

With the developement of the current players, along with the new recruits, UNC would look pretty good with Barnes in baby blue.

I wouldn't care if he told me top 5 or 5-11...if I'm going in the top 11, I'm leaving school. I don't see how that helps Roy Williams keep a player for another year.
Top 11 is still the lottery. I'm gone without a doubt if I'm there.

If Roy told him he'd be picked 5-11 he's a flat out liar IMO. No way Barnes isn't a top 3 pick in this weak draft, and if the first 3 were that dumb to all pass on him whoever picked 4th would stampede to the podium. I'm sorry but I think a respectable coach would tell a guy that will be picked in the top 3 to go. The way Barnes played in the last 15-20 games, he's NBA read IMO.

 

But don't get me wrong I want him at UNC. I want UK to beat their "Super Team". I want UK to beat them at Rupp and then end their season in the NCAAs too. Then I want Kansas to not underachieve and UK to knock them out at some point. And somewhere meet up with Billy Donovan and beat him and send him home early. And finally I want a UK championship game vs. Duke, so if UK wins many of the haters will finally act like Cal can coach.

If Roy told him he'd be picked 5-11 he's a flat out liar IMO. No way Barnes isn't a top 3 pick in this weak draft, and if the first 3 were that dumb to all pass on him whoever picked 4th would stampede to the podium. I'm sorry but I think a respectable coach would tell a guy that will be picked in the top 3 to go. The way Barnes played in the last 15-20 games, he's NBA read IMO.

 

But don't get me wrong I want him at UNC. I want UK to beat their "Super Team". I want UK to beat them at Rupp and then end their season in the NCAAs too. Then I want Kansas to not underachieve and UK to knock them out at some point. And somewhere meet up with Billy Donovan and beat him and send him home early. And finally I want a UK championship game vs. Duke, so if UK wins many of the haters will finally act like Cal can coach.

 

You mention haters and you're hating in this whole post... :lol:

If Roy told him he'd be picked 5-11 he's a flat out liar IMO. No way Barnes isn't a top 3 pick in this weak draft, and if the first 3 were that dumb to all pass on him whoever picked 4th would stampede to the podium. I'm sorry but I think a respectable coach would tell a guy that will be picked in the top 3 to go. The way Barnes played in the last 15-20 games, he's NBA read IMO.

 

But don't get me wrong I want him at UNC. I want UK to beat their "Super Team". I want UK to beat them at Rupp and then end their season in the NCAAs too. Then I want Kansas to not underachieve and UK to knock them out at some point. And somewhere meet up with Billy Donovan and beat him and send him home early. And finally I want a UK championship game vs. Duke, so if UK wins many of the haters will finally act like Cal can coach.

 

 

I want to be independently wealthy. I want world peace. I want no more sickness or disease in the world. I want the body I had when I was 22. And finally I want my kids to stay at the age their at now. It does feel good to daydream doesn't it? :D:D:lol:

You mention haters and you're hating in this whole post... :lol:

 

I make no secret about my dislike for Roy Williams, UNC, Kansas, or the University of Florida athletic programs. Most haters won't own up to it, but I do it gladly.

I want to be independently wealthy. I want world peace. I want no more sickness or disease in the world. I want the body I had when I was 22. And finally I want my kids to stay at the age their at now. It does feel good to daydream doesn't it? :D:D:lol:

 

Wasn't daydreaming. I want Barnes to come back, but I think he'd be crazy to do so unless he just HAS to come back to school because he loves it so much. But, if he is worried because he thinks he may only go 5-11 I'm putting that blame on Roy Williams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.