Harrison Barnes

UKMustangFan

Making a decision on how to invest his money IMO.

I know every situation is different , but the risk of returning versus the reward of another chance at a championship is not worth it.

Weak draft class ( not to say Barnes wouldn't be a lotto pick next year ) and the possibility of an injury of some kind would make the decision easy for me. Get your money while you can. I'd say the same for Knight, Jones and anyone else that has the opportunity.

Not going to get that money if your not playing any games. Not going to be getting any development either if your locked out from the team and league that drafted you. That's what the dilmena is for most of these guys, their not sure what the best plan of attack is, lot of questions about the lockout and no one really knows the answers.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to get that money if your not playing any games. Not going to be getting any development either if your locked out from the team and league that drafted you. That's what the dilmena is for most of these guys, their not sure what the best plan of attack is, lot of questions about the lockout and no one really knows the answers.

The lockout is a huge unknown. If it happens, college basketball is going to be incredible next season.

I don't think Kansas will be that good next year.

Why does UNC get the "their guys will be back treatment?"

Kansas was 21st or 22nd in the poll I saw.

I'd guess that they think Henson and Zeller are coming back due to them not having the strength to play the 4 or 5 in the NBA right now.

Barnes said before the tournament if they didn't win it all he wanted to come back. Not saying it will happen but I guess that's what the writer is banking on.

Keep in mind those rankings were assuming the scenarios I posted happen. Everyone knows if Jones leaves and Knight comes back, UK is preseason 1 or 2.

Logic. Seriously, how many guys pass up being a top 5 pick.

Sullinger is going to it appears.

This years going to be different than any other because of the lockout situation and the uncertainty of the CBA. It's either going to cause guys who would normally go to stay in school or cause guys who would normally stay in school to go pro, and perhaps a mixture of the two.

No way UK is in the preseason top 15 next year, they will start 4 freshman next year!

They are four very good ones, top to bottom way better than Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Orton. You add Lamb. Liggins and Miller to the mix then you still have a nice looking team. Then if you can keep Knight around, def a team thats poised to win it all, especially if they develop and peak the way this seasons team did.

Logic. Seriously, how many guys pass up being a top 5 pick.

Let me say this, I hope they all return. It would be great for college basketball. Think about the UK/UNC matchup in Rupp.

I agree with your second part... What a match up that would be.