Harrison Barnes

UKMustangFan

At worst, it'll be a battle of two top 10 teams in December--and two of the greatest programs at that. At best, it'll be the nation's #1 vs. the nation's #2.

Agreed. Hard to argue against UNC as preseason number 1 though if everyone returns.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Hard to argue against UNC as preseason number 1 though if everyone returns.

Only if UK returns everyone would UNC not be #1.

Has Henson and/or Zeller announced their intentions? Everybody's talking about Barnes, but from my vantage point, Zeller & especially Henson are equally as important for UNC's 2011-12 chances.

Only if UK returns everyone would UNC not be #1.

Has Henson and/or Zeller announced their intentions? Everybody's talking about Barnes, but from my vantage point, Zeller & especially Henson are equally as important for UNC's 2011-12 chances.

They are supposed to be meeting with Roy Williams today to find out their draft status.

I'd put Carolina #1 unless Barnes, Zeller and Henson leave. If Barnes leaves and everyone else stays they are #1 in my opinion regardless of what happens at any school.

Too many different scenarios with players coming and going right now to even think about making predictions IMO. If UK returns ALL of their players, it's very difficult not to give them the nod. Duke is another team that could be #1 depending on who stays and goes for these teams. Once the rosters are set, then it should be a lot easier to make predictions for next season. It is very hard to argue against UNC getting the top spot if they return everyone though. Looks like next year there might actually be a few GREAT teams in college basketball. Only time will tell.

Too many different scenarios with players coming and going right now to even think about making predictions IMO. If UK returns ALL of their players, it's very difficult not to give them the nod. Duke is another team that could be #1 depending on who stays and goes for these teams. Once the rosters are set, then it should be a lot easier to make predictions for next season. It is very hard to argue against UNC getting the top spot if they return everyone though. Looks like next year there might actually be a few GREAT teams in college basketball. Only time will tell.

Good point. I think Duke will need Irving back to challenge for the preseason #1 slot. For me based on what should be returning players from all teams I have a hard time not going

#1 UNC

#2 UK

I can agree that if Barnes leaves and everyone returns for UK that UK should be preseason #1 but I expect Barnes and Knight to leave.

I'd put Carolina #1 unless Barnes, Zeller and Henson leave. If Barnes leaves and everyone else stays they are #1 in my opinion regardless of what happens at any school.

If Barnes left & the others came back, I think you could make an argument for UK or UNC. Still, it has to be determined what the UK guys do. If just Lamb comes back & the scenario you mentioned takes place, UNC is tops.

It's a toss up at this point...I do think Carolina will be the early #1, but they often take time to catch their groove.....UK will be #1 by December 1st at the latest.

I can't see anybody having a frontcourt to match Carolina now that Henson & Zeller have decided to come back. The question mark for them will be perimeter scoring. I know Hairston will be a welcomed addition, but I would think they'll need someone else to step up in that area. Don't know much about Bullock's game, but perhaps he could provide that if Barnes chooses the NBA.

I can't see anybody having a frontcourt to match Carolina now that Henson & Zeller have decided to come back. The question mark for them will be perimeter scoring. I know Hairston will be a welcomed addition, but I would think they'll need someone else to step up in that area. Don't know much about Bullock's game, but perhaps he could provide that if Barnes chooses the NBA.

The same front court that Duke torched in the ACC final? The same one that a guy named Jorts and a freshman named Terrence Jones played to at least a draw???

They had a great late season but which are they? The front court of that run? The front court that lost early in the season? Or the Front Court that lost the above matchups?

The same front court that Duke torched in the ACC final? The same one that a guy named Jorts and a freshman named Terrence Jones played to at least a draw???

They had a great late season but which are they? The front court of that run? The front court that lost early in the season? Or the Front Court that lost the above matchups?

Changes made in UNC's backcourt is what turned their season around. When Kendall Marshall was given the keys to the baby blue car, the Tar Heels played much better basketball. Their bigs have been pretty solid all year. Zeller is a very tough post player & had his way with UK in both games this season, averaging 24 ppg, 10 rpg, & 4.5 bpg while shooting 17-25 total.

You also have to factor in the addition of McAdoo, who is a top 10 player in this year's recruiting class & will be a much better reserve than Knox was this year. I don't see very many, if any, frontcourts matching them. The guard play is what will determine UNC's success for 2011-12, much like it was this year. With Barnes, the Heels will be #1 in the country. Without him, they can be very good but I don't know if they'll be great.

Rumor is that Roy Williams told Barnes that he is most likely a 5-11 pick. I find it hard to believe he would fall as low as five.

That's Roy trying to get him to come back and looking out for numero uno. No chance he falls lower than top 3 IMO.

Changes made in UNC's backcourt is what turned their season around. When Kendall Marshall was given the keys to the baby blue car, the Tar Heels played much better basketball. Their bigs have been pretty solid all year. Zeller is a very tough post player & had his way with UK in both games this season, averaging 24 ppg, 10 rpg, & 4.5 bpg while shooting 17-25 total.

You also have to factor in the addition of McAdoo, who is a top 10 player in this year's recruiting class & will be a much better reserve than Knox was this year. I don't see very many, if any, frontcourts matching them. The guard play is what will determine UNC's success for 2011-12, much like it was this year. With Barnes, the Heels will be #1 in the country. Without him, they can be very good but I don't know if they'll be great.

You are talking about returning Marshall, Henson and Zeller. Along with Strickland and Reggie Bullock. Adding Hairston and McAdoo. I don't know. That sounds like the makings of a great team to me.

Rumor is that Roy Williams told Barnes that he is most likely a 5-11 pick. I find it hard to believe he would fall as low as five.

That's Roy trying to get him to come back and looking out for numero uno. No chance he falls lower than top 3 IMO.

Heard the same things and I agree with both of you.