Harrison Barnes

UKMustangFan

That's Roy trying to get him to come back and looking out for numero uno. No chance he falls lower than top 3 IMO.

If I were Barnes, this would make me want to leave more. Surely, Barnes knows that he is better than 5-11. Roy putting doubt in his mind on purpose? I hope not but it sure seems that way.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changes made in UNC's backcourt is what turned their season around. When Kendall Marshall was given the keys to the baby blue car, the Tar Heels played much better basketball. Their bigs have been pretty solid all year. Zeller is a very tough post player & had his way with UK in both games this season, averaging 24 ppg, 10 rpg, & 4.5 bpg while shooting 17-25 total.

You also have to factor in the addition of McAdoo, who is a top 10 player in this year's recruiting class & will be a much better reserve than Knox was this year. I don't see very many, if any, frontcourts matching them. The guard play is what will determine UNC's success for 2011-12, much like it was this year. With Barnes, the Heels will be #1 in the country. Without him, they can be very good but I don't know if they'll be great.

Randy, I agree that Marshall turned this team at least 120 degrees.

However two of my examples (Duke in ACC & UK in NCAA) were AFTER the guard change. :thumb:

However two of my examples (Duke in ACC & UK in NCAA) were AFTER the guard change. :thumb:

Don't forget the beatdown they put on Duke in the last regular season game. Those were also the only 2 teams to beat them after the guard change as well if I am not mistaken. And Zeller played magnificent in all of those games. Henson didn't. That was the key. I would think he'd be improved by the time next season rolls around. Scary good team in baby blue. Scary good.

Don't forget the beatdown they put on Duke in the last regular season game. Those were also the only 2 teams to beat them after the guard change as well if I am not mistaken. And Zeller played magnificent in all of those games. Henson didn't. That was the key. I would think he'd be improved by the time next season rolls around. Scary good team in baby blue. Scary good.

If the players for UK return that I hope do, Rupp is going to be explosive when the two meet next year... I'll do anything I can to get a hold of Erupption Zone tickets.

The UNC beat down on Duke was at Chapel Hill. With what was at stake (ACC regular season), I expected that. But on a neutral floor I thought they played well but were also human.

I understand the losses to Duke & UK came afterward. Zeller was decent that game. Henson, if I remember right, struggled shooting but had a load of rebounds. I just think Carolina had a good enough front line to make a run at a Final Four. But the guard play is what prevented them from getting further than they did. Granted, guard play turned around their season; but at the same time, it wasn't good enough with the Final Four on the line. UK won the game because the post guys held their own, but the guards were outstanding.

Will be interesting to see how Marshall's offense develops, because I think he'll be a key if Barnes leaves.

You are talking about returning Marshall, Henson and Zeller. Along with Strickland and Reggie Bullock. Adding Hairston and McAdoo. I don't know. That sounds like the makings of a great team to me.

Definitely the potential is there. I just think if Barnes leaves, they'll have to find some perimeter scoring somewhere. From what little I've seen of Hairston, he can provide some of that--or maybe a lot of that. Don't know a lot about Bullock.

My whole point is that I don't know if there will be a front court that will be able to handle UNC next year. But a Barnes-less back court takes them from being the clear-cut #1 team to being a top 5-8 team (which still isn't bad).

Definitely the potential is there. I just think if Barnes leaves, they'll have to find some perimeter scoring somewhere. From what little I've seen of Hairston, he can provide some of that--or maybe a lot of that. Don't know a lot about Bullock.

My whole point is that I don't know if there will be a front court that will be able to handle UNC next year. But a Barnes-less back court takes them from being the clear-cut #1 team to being a top 5-8 team (which still isn't bad).

Unless UK brings back Knight and Jones I can't see any reason to not have UNC #1 and UK #2 regardless of Barnes' decision. I think the trio of Marshall, Zeller and Henson is that good. No other teams have a great point guard and a great center along with an athletic, long armed power forward with their experience.

No way UK is in the preseason top 15 next year, they will start 4 freshman next year!

ESPN, CBS and just about everyone else just put out an early pre-season top 25. UK sits at 1 or 2 in just about everyone I saw and no lower than 5th, and everyone of those are counting on Jones AND Knight leaving. UK will be a top 5 team to start the season.

That's Roy trying to get him to come back and looking out for numero uno. No chance he falls lower than top 3 IMO.

I think Roy always does that crap or it at least seems like it. Gotta give credit to Cal, he does tell players to go when the going is good.

Agree.

I agree as well. Assuming Liggins, Knight and Jones leave, UK can still put a formidable lineup on the court...

1 - Teague

2 - Lamb

3,4 - Miller, Gilchrist

5 - Davis

Bench - Wiltjer, Vargas, Hood, Poole, Polson

I'll be surprised if that isn't a top 5 pre-season squad. I could be wrong.

I think Roy is getting a bad rap here. Oh wait, this is Kentucky... :lol: I'm sure Roy is telling Barnes the truth and is looking out in Harrison's best interest. With that said, hope he comes back to hang another banner from the rafters.

I think Roy is getting a bad rap here. Oh wait, this is Kentucky... :lol: I'm sure Roy is telling Barnes the truth and is looking out in Harrison's best interest. With that said, hope he comes back to hang another banner from the rafters.

So Roy's hearing information that no one else is? NBA scouts and draft analysts have him in the top 3 everywhere you look.