Harrison Barnes

UKMustangFan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knight has been tearing it up. His stock is as high as it's going to get and he'll be a top 5 pick... He won't want to leave but the money will be too much to turn down.

That isn't enough reason to say Knight will go. Knight has not been projected in the top 10 in any mock draft I have seen, let alone in the top 5. Barnes and Sullinger would both be a higher draft pick than Knight and get more money than Knight and they are supposedly coming back. So money alone obviously isn't the be all and end all in these decisions. Knight is very smart and an excellent student. I have heard Knight really wants his degree and might do a Patrick Patterson - stay and get his degree in three years.

^I think Walter's predictions are wishful thinking at work.

Not wishful thinking, my friend.

Knight is a very good student but let's not forget John Wall was a very good student as well last year and left. Obviously Wall was a much better prospect, but if Cal thinks he's ready, he's gone. I don't see how Knight isn't ready? Can you say Bledsoe was a better prospect last year than Knight this year?

IF Barnes, Sully, and Thompson all three stay, how is Knight not a top 5 or top 10 pick?

I agree, neither Bledsoe or Orton were ready last year, but Orton wasn't thinking clearly apparently and Bledsoe had to go because of family money issues. Bledsoe did not necessarily want to go, but had to because he needed the money. With that being said, UK being this close to a championship only helps I think. Makes them want to come back and get another. Unfortunately, I think both Jones and Knight are gone.

Can you say Bledsoe was a better prospect last year than Knight this year?

Hard to tell. Bledsoe was the second highest point guard prospect in last year's draft behind Wall. Don't know where Knight will be, but he won't be the top PG prospect (Kyrie Irving will).

Knight has been tearing it up. His stock is as high as it's going to get and he'll be a top 5 pick... He won't want to leave but the money will be too much to turn down.

Not really doubting the point you make Walter but wouldn't the same rationale hold true for Barnes?? :idunno:

What are next year's preseason rankings?

#1 - Carolina

#2 - Kansas

#3 - Kentucky

#4 - Duke

#8 - Louisville

OSU may have Sullinger returning. Not sure who else they have returning or what type of class they have coming in?