Tressel Knew of Gear Scheme Last April

HammerTime

No kidding! Just for the record I hate Ohio St* football. I hope the get the death penalty, at least the won't take an underserved spot in the BCS Championship game that way.

I think we found one of those posters that oldrambler was referring to in the above post. It is easy to talk trash when you ride the coat tails of the other teams in your conference! Maybe someday in the next 50 years or so Kentucky football will desearve a spot in a BCS game. If Ohio State had not played in those bowl games the SEC Championship streak might not be what it is today!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we found one of those posters that oldrambler was referring to in the above post. It is easy to talk trash when you ride the coat tails of the other teams in your conference! Maybe someday in the next 50 years or so Kentucky football will desearve a spot in a BCS game. If Ohio State had not played in those bowl games the SEC Championship streak might not be what it is today!!!

True, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Let it go. Just sayin.

Found? Now that's funny. Wasn't like I have ever hidden the fact that I don't like Ohio St., Notre Dame, Louisville, or Tennessee. Nor have I ever tried to ride the coat tails of anyone. UK is a lower level team in the best conference in the country. Ohio St. plays in an overrated conference and everytime they get a shot at the title they get blown out or some old man calls a pass interference that didn't happen.

Now the icing on the cake, they cheat and cover it up. N big suprise since, as I have stated several times, all of them cheat. It's just you OSU* fans are to arrogant to admit it. Until now, well maybe not even now.

Funniest line I have heard so far came from Colin C. "Ok Ohio State fan quit acting like University of Kentucky basketball fans ." This was in reference to a caller trying to make excuses such as everybody cheats Ohio State just got caught. For a nationally syndicated radio show he tends to rip this area pretty good.

He seems to not like anything Ohio, Cincinnati, Kentucky related.

Cowherd needs to come to grips with the fact that they all DO cheat. Millions and millions of reason to cheat. To think otherwise shows his stupidity.

And let me remind everyone that I don't have a problem with the system. I like college athletics but it is what it is, a money making machine with way to many rules the follow.

Unfortunatly for you Koun Dog, I don't think this is going to be the down fall of the program and I agree with you that college athletics is a money making machine with way to many rules to follow. The problem with the NCAA is that they treat every case differently and there is no way to predict what they will do. I would think they would add to the self imposed penalties OSU gave him but who would really know. I have been calling for a new play caller for years at OSU, so I am looking forward to seeing this offense without Mr. Conservative on the sideline.

Unfortunatly for you Koun Dog, I don't think this is going to be the down fall of the program and I agree with you that college athletics is a money making machine with way to many rules to follow. The problem with the NCAA is that they treat every case differently and there is no way to predict what they will do. I would think they would add to the self imposed penalties OSU gave him but who would really know. I have been calling for a new play caller for years at OSU, so I am looking forward to seeing this offense without Mr. Conservative on the sideline.

I don't think its the end of the program but if the sanctions are stiff it will hurt.

FWIW, I think what the players did is pretty minor. It is their rings, if they would rather have a tatoo then more power to them. However, Tressell covering it up is serious IMO.

I agree the penalty should be steeper, however the difference between the Dez Bryant / Bruce Pearl cases and the Tressel case was that Dez and Bruce lied to the NCAA in direct questioning by the NCAA and Tressel has never met with the NCAA in regards to this matter. I agree that covering up what he knew is technically lying but he never lied to the NCAA regarding this matter since he has not been questioned by them. He just did not report the information he was given. If I am correct the SEC and Tennessee set the penalties for Pearl and the NCAA has not ruled on his situation yet.

I also agree that what the players did is pretty minor but if the NCAA does not monitor that the players would be selling these items all the time and for high dollar.

No kidding! Just for the record I hate Ohio St* football. I hope the get the death penalty, at least the won't take an underserved spot in the BCS Championship game that way.

Thamks so much for you comment, it more was appreciated :D. More proof of what I was talking about in an earlier post. Have a nice day, I know that I will :lol:

Ok I read an article from Dennis Janson (if somebody can link it correctly it is on wcpo.com) that stated he did not reveal the information because he is haunted by the shooting death of a Youngstown State player back in 1996 during a street disturbance. And since the tattoo parlor was under investigation for drug dealing he thought he was helping the federal investigators get a street thug off the streets and in jail by being quiet.........so he risked his own well being and did not report this because he wants to clean up the streets of Columbus. Very strange report................................................

By: Dennis Janson

CINCINNATI - Memories of Jermaine Hopkins' death in a gang dispute in 1996 still haunt Jim Tressel. The Youngstown State star defensive end was shot in the head as he tried to quell a disturbance near campus. He was and always will be 21.

A long time friend of the Ohio State coach told me tonight that the incident and hope of heading off future tragedies led him to quickly comply with federal authorities' requests to keep quiet about their investigation of a tattoo shop owner.

I'm told that Tressel was inclined to feel that playing along, even though Ohio State and the NCAA were technically entitled to know, would help take dangerous criminals off the street.

He naively thought a greater good was being served by his discretion. Naturally the Buckeyes' coach is deeply troubled by this mar on his reputation.

I'm told that while he didn't mention it Tuesday night to possibly mitigate the headlines, much more will eventually be revealed about the situation. At which time I'm assured, Jim Tressel will be proved to have done the right thing, if not in the correct manner.