You make the call GRC vs Rowan County

wire

I have heard a lot of comments that a shot can not be put up in a 1/2 second. The first part is the video followed by the three still pictures captured from the video..... notice the game clock in the upper left. The first picture is at .3 seconds, the second is at .2 and the third is at .1....

Was the shot off in time? Was the refs correct in a no call foul?

It looks like any contact happened after the shot was already off anyway. Also, if this was a pro or most college games, as well as most HS games, the shot would have been after the horn with no chance of this shot counting, the reaction time of the person at scorers table wan't quick enough.

But if one wants to debate this, you would need better camera work, as well as slow down the video with sound included.

BUT, good job by Rowan.

When Rowan called the last timeout the clock was stopped at .3. The officials put on .2 to give them .5. In my opinion .3 was the correct time. So Rowan would not have had enough time for a catch and shoot only a tip in. In which case this last contested shot should never have taken place.

Agreed, with .5 you can only get a tip!

Doesn't the rule book state that there has to be .6 or more on the clock for a "CATCH AND SHOOT" to be good anyway? In this video, it was clearly a catch and there is no possible way that it could have counted.....as for the foul, it's not clear enough if there was contact before time expired.

I did put the link to the video above the video. If you go to the link and expand to full screen, it allows for a little better look (if you have not already done so)... Sorry about the quality of video, but it did have the game clock in the frame.

That's a foul but your not gonna get that call on the road or very much with the game ending for that matter.
It was at home ;)

Plus as I mentioned the shot was off anyway. Maybe the ref's decided if he catches the ball it will not count, as he could only get a tip with that little time. Not saying the person on the clock was slow on purpose, just that their reaction time wasn't exact.

Also, the clock means nothing, it's all about the horn.

They actually changed that rule because of D. Fish. His shot wouldnt count now. I think that you can go either way with this one. I agree with the post earlier about the time being put on. The correct time was .3. The final play should not have mattered unless it was a tip in.