What has changed with Mayfield

GoBigRed

I dunno how Mayfield gets to be the underdog, 26 semi-state appearances in 30 years? Homefield advantage? Seems like the Tigers are the 'dogs.
Now, now ... this year is all that matters. Bardstown is the favorite. They are unbeaten and just shut out a team that was ranked #1 or #2 in some Class A polls.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the teams were handled accordingly.
You must have skimmed over the part where I acknowledged that Bardstown is a great team and a legitimate state title threat.

As for your comment ... very true. That doesn't mean, however, that Bardstown's non-district schedule was as tough as Mayfield's. The Tigers have played a stronger slate in the playoffs.

Now, now ... this year is all that matters. Bardstown is the favorite. They are unbeaten and just shut out a team that was ranked #1 or #2 in some Class A polls.

You know a thread has run about as far as its going to when the opponents are praising one another and arguing over who is the biggest UNDERDOG!

GO TIGERS!

You know a thread has run about as far as its going to when the opponents are praising one another and arguing over who is the biggest UNDERDOG!

GO TIGERS!

Just says a lot about the class that these two teams have, sounds like Bardstown is a classy team, I have only seen talk from one guy on a different site named MadTiger that is absolutely the worst sportsman I have ever heard, I doubt that many of you Bardstown fans call him one of your own, I know that I wouldn't.

Mayfield is the underdog in this one....Most systems have Mayfield a 5 point dawg with the score being somewhere in the neighborhood of 19-14 and the Tigers on top even with the homefield advantage!

I think Mayfield respects most all opponents including the Tigers and their fans!!!

GO TIGERS!

Just goes to show that you can talk up your team without having to talk down another...seems to me if that you can not find enough good things to say about your team...well then maybe you shouldn't be talking at all...plus it helps when the people doing the talking are good sports to begin with...win or lose it is just a game that some people take way TOO seriously...granted I want Mayfield to win don't get me wrong...but I am not going to go out and jump off a cliff if we don't happen to win. Like I stated previously if Mayfield wins I will be a gracious winner and if we lose likewise...I will tip my cap and say good luck Bardstown at state...I just hope all the fans will remember that come this Friday.