Is Coach Reinhart out at Brossart?

Eminencefront

In reference to qualified candidates. Some of his assistants were a big reason for their success.

Rule Number One in becoming a successful head coach - Surround yourself with good knowledgeable people who each bring something unique to the table.

Coach Reinhart would be the first to agree with this statement.

Mustang,

Thanks for being politically correct. We know you love the Mustangs and so do we. Coach Reinhart had the talent to be a good team this year. His lack of organizational skills and ability to get the most out of his players is why the mustangs were a 4 seed instead of a 2 seed. Without a change at the head coaching position the mustangs will be average at best. When you say we are happy with him as head coach who is we? Because we have heard different.

Mustang,

Thanks for being politically correct. We know you love the Mustangs and so do we. Coach Reinhart had the talent to be a good team this year. His lack of organizational skills and ability to get the most out of his players is why the mustangs were a 4 seed instead of a 2 seed. Without a change at the head coaching position the mustangs will be average at best. When you say we are happy with him as head coach who is we? Because we have heard different.

I guess it's a good thing the administration makes these decisions instead of parents. I remember hearing people complain about Yeagle when he was at Beechwood and they were winning state titles. Brossart is what, a 3rd year program? The fact that Brossart made the playoffs is great in itself. Of course the people in the stands who aren't ever around the program or practice sure do know what's best. :rolleyes:

Where is Yeagle these days? Why did he resign from Lloyd after missing 2 games for "undisclosed reasons"? Football is more than winning and losing games. There are a lot of rumors about Yeagle going around these days. So I really hope, and don't thing, Reinhart is similar to Yeagle in some aspects.

Where is Yeagle these days? Why did he resign from Lloyd after missing 2 games for "undisclosed reasons"? Football is more than winning and losing games. There are a lot of rumors about Yeagle going around these days. So I really hope, and don't thing, Reinhart is similar to Yeagle in some aspects.

I was making a point that people complain whether you're 3-7 or winning state titles. That's why coaches know better than to get on a site like this and pay attention to what the QB club in the stands has to say. You're right, football is more than winning and losing games and from what I have heard, the kids at BB are pleased with the head coach and he is obviously doing a good job in helping them learn more than just the game of football but the game of life. But hey, let's fire the guy because after three years his team was only a 4 seed in the playoffs instead of a 2 seed. Give me a break.

It sounds like the questions isn't wether to fire Coach Reinhart or not, but a question of wether a teaching job should be made for a coach. Private schools like Brossart generally have a tighter budget than many public schools. Teaching positions should be given to the most qualified teacher and not to someone for a coaching position. As a parent that has paid the tuition for private schools and a parent of high school football players, I would not feel confortable with a school inventing a position for a coach or giving a teaching position to a less qualified canidate becasue they are a coach. I feel it was a bad choice of Coach Reinhart to talk to his players before a decision was made. In my opinion, it could cause the players to try to put pressure on the parents to persuade the school to employee their coach as a teacher. In the end, if Coach Reinhart is a qualified teacher and a position is open, then hire him and keep him as coach. I understand that a parents first priority is their family. If Coach Reinhart needs to leave Brossart to support his family, that is the right decision. But don't play the game of "hire me or I will leave". Make your position clear to the administration at Brossart, and don't involve high school players before your decision is made.

It sounds like the questions isn't wether to fire Coach Reinhart or not, but a question of wether a teaching job should be made for a coach. Private schools like Brossart generally have a tighter budget than many public schools. Teaching positions should be given to the most qualified teacher and not to someone for a coaching position. As a parent that has paid the tuition for private schools and a parent of high school football players, I would not feel confortable with a school inventing a position for a coach or giving a teaching position to a less qualified canidate becasue they are a coach. I feel it was a bad choice of Coach Reinhart to talk to his players before a decision was made. In my opinion, it could cause the players to try to put pressure on the parents to persuade the school to employee their coach as a teacher. In the end, if Coach Reinhart is a qualified teacher and a position is open, then hire him and keep him as coach. I understand that a parents first priority is their family. If Coach Reinhart needs to leave Brossart to support his family, that is the right decision. But don't play the game of "hire me or I will leave". Make your position clear to the administration at Brossart, and don't involve high school players before your decision is made.

I understand what you are saying, but completely disagree. I think it is very rare that a head coach is actually honest to his players about the possibility of leaving. Players ALWAYS hear the rumors when it comes to a coach leaving, those things always get around. So I believe it is good that he actually talked to them about it, instead of not talking to them at all or even lying about it like other coaches might have. A football team is a like a family, and the head coach is the one who leads that family. So the family deserves to know if a coach is thinking about leaving them, and I respect him very much for doing that. The players are the MOST IMPORTANT ones to tell in these situations, because the rumors about it would have gotten to them anyways.

I can only speak for my experiences with Coach Reinhart here at Brossart.

With the exception of my assisting him in obtaining Subway sandwiches for the boys prior to ballgames, I have no experience with his "organizational skills." We always seemed to get the order placed on time, in an efficient manner, tipped the girls who made the subs, and had them to the team on time.

Coach Reinhart is pure and simply a stereotypical (in my mind) football coach - big, outspoken, a bit boastful, confident, and a little rough around the edges. But he is passionate about the game, and loves our kids, and they, to a player, love him.

I did senior interviews in conjunction with senior night and each player in turn voiced their gratitute to him and his staff for providing them the most enjoyable experience of their high school careers. If the players are happy, and if our coaches are not doing anything illegal or immoral, I'd say that they are a success.

"We" certainly doesn't seem to be the parents. If there was a groundswell of Anti-Reinhart sentiment, I would know it. I think our parents appreciate what he and his staff do for their kids, savor the success that we have had, and realize that while he may have his shortcomings, has advanced the program far from where it was when he arrived.

I cannot visualize Coach Reinhart being a religion teacher, or music and arts guy, and if anything Brossart will probably be reducing our faculty staff rather than increasing it. I'm sure that our administration would accept him, were he to get a job in the private sector and coach on a para-professional basis.

Woulda, coulda, and shoulda are under the bridge, and what is, is! While we would have loved to have been the Number 2 seed we weren't. We were the Number 4 seed. You only go around once, and get 48 minutes a game to get the job done. Would Coach Reinhart have done things differently had he had a second chance? Sure, who wouldn't. But if the things that he did in the first place had worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Should he elect to step down, I do belive that he has brought our program to a position that it would be a highly sought-after job, and that we would be able to secure a suitable replacement.