Should Playoff games be at neutral sites?

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, if I am a member school I say no way. You get to split the gate with the opponent. If the KHSAA is going to run and oversee this event, they will take the proceeds.

The KHSAA already oversees the playoffs or is it ran by the higher seeded school?

So none of you have a problem with the highest seeded team in the District and Region in Basketball/Baseball hosting the District and Regional Tourneys in Basketball each year, correct?

Good point, BUT, Basketball/Baseball only has one class and the teams are already close to each other when the tournaments start. Football is different, case in point would be Highlands traveling to Paintsville to play Johnson Central. A very long drive for the Bluebirds, they could play at a neutral site say as a example Morehead State (if MSU so desires to host a event).

In a word: No

You should earn the right to play at home right up until the finals. In fact, i think if two teams meet that are seeded the same, then they should alternate years for home team advantage. It's not that way in the semi-finals in KY.

That is how it normally works out. In most semi-finals you end up with 2 of the 4, District#1 seeds playing for the chance to go to state.

I'm sick to death of hearing "Ohio does it this way... Ohio does it that way..." It's OHIO, NOT KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares what they do in Ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also believe that West Virginia and Tennessee use neutral sites. Tennessee if the higher seeded school meets the criteria to host will do so. Indiana higher seeded team host the first round then in second round the higher seeded team or a team that didnt have a first round home game will host the game.

My purpose for the thread is that, I think it is time for a change in the current playoff format.

Good point, BUT, Basketball/Baseball only has one class and the teams are already close to each other when the tournaments start. Football is different, case in point would be Highlands traveling to Paintsville to play Johnson Central. A very long drive for the Bluebirds, they could play at a neutral site say as a example Morehead State (if MSU so desires to host a event).

Part of that problem is then you have another partner MSU that you have to dance around. What if the Eagles have a home game that weekend? This is partly the reason the finals are now at WKU instead of U of L.

Part of that problem is then you have another partner MSU that you have to dance around. What if the Eagles have a home game that weekend? This is partly the reason the finals are now at WKU instead of U of L.

These sites that I mentioned would be in charge of making sure no other events would be taking place. It would not be the responsibility of the High Schools or the KHSAA. Each site that would like to host a playoff game would have to apply to the KHSAA each year to host a game.