"Take your endorsement and shove it Mr. President," Rhode Island governor

I was taught to have the highest respect for the office of the President from childhood. The respect for that office has never faltered,but some of the men who have held the office in my lifetime have failed to grasp the responsibility of the office.As such,they have diminished the respect the office should command,not just domestically,but,abroad as well.

Respect is earned not granted. You gain respect through your actions, not through elections.

Same is true of the clergy. Some of their leaders (all denominations) have hurt their cause by their actions. Probably shouldn't be the way that it is, but it is. I see what a man (or woman) does, not what they say.

Respect is earned not granted. You gain respect through your actions, not through elections.

I disagree. Respect is granted but can be lost.

When a police officer shows up at your door, do you respect the uniform or hold your respect till that officer does something to earn it? Also, that officer begins to act like an officer should not, then he has lost what respect you had for him.

I disagree. Respect is granted but can be lost.

When a police officer shows up at your door, do you respect the uniform or hold your respect till that officer does something to earn it? Also, that officer begins to act like an officer should not, then he has lost what respect you had for him.

I understand what you are saying and yes I personally respect the officer. However, in parts of the state where officers have acted otherwise, you see the citizens not respect the police, not offer police help to solve crimes, etc., because they do not trust the law.